ONIX 10 not working properly....

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
....or is it me that's not working properly? I have a ONIX 8 that works great. I added a ONIX 10 but it doesn't pick up the side and the HD down imaging. It's capable, because it shows just fine in demo mode. Yes, I made sure the DI and SI were enabled in the settings. There may be something else I'm missing but, it shouldn't be that hard. Originally I thought maybe the transducer that came with the newer ONIX 10 might be incompatible with the older transducer but, they are both tagged with the same part number. Anyone else run into a similar problem? Not looking forward to it but, I will be calling Humminbird soon. Thanks all. It's good to be back!

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I forgot to mention that YES, I have the latest software version.

I just got off the phone with Humminbird and it wasn't as bad of an experience as I thought it might be. I didn't have to wait long to get a real human on the line. They suggested I reset the "sonar defaults" and let it reboot. I will try that tomorrow and post the results.

redarndt

Seaman Apprentice
I forgot to mention that YES, I have the latest software version.

I just got off the phone with Humminbird and it wasn't as bad of an experience as I thought it might be. I didn't have to wait long to get a real human on the line. They suggested I reset the "sonar defaults" and let it reboot. I will try that tomorrow and post the results.

Did the reset fix your problem?

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The reset and restore did not fix the problem. I jumped through every hoop Humminbird techs suggested on the phone and none of them worked. I eventually had to send it into them for repair. The whole process took about a week and a half. They did not explain what exactly was wrong with the unit. Some in-house coded paperwork was in the box when my unit returned and from what I can gather, some software was not installed during production. It's upsetting but it works now and I just want to fish. It's a shame because I originally waited nearly three months for the unit to be built after I paid for it. Don't they do quality control over there before they release units?! Ridiculous!