OMG, Kidney Stones!!!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Re: OMG, Kidney Stones!!!

I FEEL YOUR PAIN I had 8 out of my left kidney and one out the right. But the last one was the worst!!!!!!!! I can usally pass them on my own with some meds to kill the pain. Last April I had the start of a stone movement{ little blood in the urine it's about a 24 hour notice that one is going to happen}the next day I got the bad pains in work I left and went to the hospital and got the usaul meds{morphine} and they did a IVP it's a dye test that goes in to your urinary tract and highlights the stone. They confirmed the stone and sent me home to pass it. The next day I did not pass it and they ran some more x-rays and said it has moved some and to try to pass it. I felt fine till the following Tuesday when at work I felt like I had a sword run thru my back to the front and some one was twisting it. Back to the hospital I was admitted ASAP and brought to the OR. They ran a scope thru the plumbing to the kidney and found a 15mm yellow stone{Uric Acid Type} they put a stint to by pass it and when it woke up in recovery I had no pain with out any meds, I went home the next day but I had more surgery 2 days later to remove the stone. In the state of CT. there is one laser for Urineary Surgery that is use. It is used between all the hospitals in the state and what they did is going thru the plumbing again they insert the laser and touch the stone and pulse the laser and it blasts it in to pieces. Again I had no meds following surgery and went back a week later and had the stint removed. I'm on presciption the keep my uric acid level down so hopefully I won't form anymore.............

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LubeDude, Been there done that twice myself, first time about 25 years ago, second a year or so later. Drink cranberry juice, don't ask why it works it just works. I have been drinking it steady since the second one and no problems since. Hate the taste of the stuff but it's better then them trible hooks all hooked together trying to make it out. Wifes Grandmother told me about it. Said all the old time doctors allways advised it for there patients. <br />Ray

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

LubeDude<br />Passed one 26 years ago and still remember it vividly. I was big and strong, at the gym 7 days a week, runing 7 days a week, and was working at a local factory. went to lift something off the head high shelf and ended up on the floor with it on top of me, sweat rolling off me, whimpering like a little girl. Went to see my local doc a couple hours later( it'll go away, won't it?) and he told me what it was and said I had probably passed it. He gave me a strainer and told me to pee in that the next time it happened. I 'splained to him that I would be busy ripping the plumbing out of the wall and wouldn't be able to hold the damn strainer. I can still feel it when I think about it.<br />later<br />tr

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Trobbin'Rods.......those strainers what a pain the nurse said "they are party hats you put them on your head" I still laugh about it............