OMC Stern Drive won't raise up

Status
Not open for further replies.

outaline

Cadet
Re: OMC Stern Drive won't raise up

I drained the fluid from the clutch pack. It was mixed with light blue oil and water. I removed the tilt motor and removed the hammer-blow coupling. The couplers are not broken and do not appear to be damaged. I bench tested the tilt motor and the armature shaft did not spin when tested.

Ok. How do you remove the tilt motor? How do you get into the hammer coupling? Having the same problem. My worm drive isn't working. Sounds like the tilt motor is working it winds up when I hit the switch... but gears won't ingage.

Any suggestions???

I have a 1977 Slickcraft OMC Sterndrive 190 HP

southkogs

Staff member
Re: OMC Stern Drive won't raise up

Ok. How do you remove the tilt motor? How do you get into the hammer coupling? Having the same problem. My worm drive isn't working. Sounds like the tilt motor is working it winds up when I hit the switch... but gears won't ingage.

Any suggestions???

I have a 1977 Slickcraft OMC Sterndrive 190 HP
Welcome aboard outline. Probably better to start a new thread rather than post in an old inactive one (against forum rules).

Should be 2 (maybe 3) bolts that go through your tilt motor and connect into the intermediate. The motor should be on the inside of the transom, at the intermediate housing (port side of the engine ALL THE WAY at the back). The hammer coupling will be right inside of there and will want to come out REAL easy ... don't lose any of the parts.

Could be your clutch pack as well. Do you have a manual?

oystercracker

Recruit
My 1983 Sun Ray (3.8 liter) OMC stern drive won't raise. The solenoids were clicking and the drive wouldn't go up or down. I replaced the blown 50 amp fuse and both solenoids. Then the drive would lower but it won't go back up. Please help.
where is the 50amp fuse located?

Status
Not open for further replies.