My 1983 Sun Ray (3.8 liter) OMC stern drive won't raise. The solenoids were clicking and the drive wouldn't go up or down. I replaced the blown 50 amp fuse and both solenoids. Then the drive would lower but it won't go back up. Please help.
I pulled the quadrant gear, I tied the motor up in the top possition, and watched the spur gear while my wife activated the tilt switch up and down. The spur gear did not move. I re-installed the quadrant gear and lifted the out drive while my wife activated the switch a few more times. The spur gear then moved a couple of times but not consistently, and only one a tooth or two at a time (not spinning the whole time the switch was activated). Unless I wiggle the drive, it doesn't move up or down. Then I pulled the fill screw on the clutch pack cover to check the level and condition of the oil. A small amount of light blue oil spilled out of the screw hole so the level was full. Now I'm stuck again.