OMC Controls - Alarm during warm-up

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
So I’m rigging up a new to me 50 hp triple Evinrude. Supposedly it had a new impeller etc. Purchased from a backyard mechanic so I can’t really say I can trust that but the alarm starts going off within a few minutes on muffs or in the lake.

Here’s the thing I don’t get; the telltale stream is very strong. I mean halfway to a garden hose strong.
The telltale water is not hot and the motor does not feel too warm. I have a cheap Amazon laser pointed heat gun and nowhere on the block read more than 151 degrees F on muffs.

Could this be an oil pressure alarm? VRO is disconnected, oil mixed 50:1.
It’s not a steady beep but a constant intermittent beep.

I revved it slightly (fast idle lever) to see if the alarm would clear but it did not. It also did not run well on fast idle either. Lots of smoke. (However, this is startup after fogged storage 2 years ago)

Thanks in advance.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Oil level (continuous beep beep beep)

Need to know what wires to disconnect. The VRO has been removed.
Do all wires heading to the VRO/fuel pump get disconnected? Is the fuel pump completely pulse//no electric?
I’ve looked up some videos and nothing loads here. Fun

Edit; I found my manual for 1986 50 60 70 hp. Will it be the exact same wiring set up?

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Got it. Simple answer for any of those who wants to know, disconnecting the wiring harness to the VRO pump will disconnect the alarm. The fuel pump itself is a pulse powered pump. Meaning no electrical to the fuel pump itself.

No wires = no alarm