OMC 5.0L Wiring Diagram

Tgibson94

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Messages
27
If its got an ECM controlled efi system (probably throttle body EFI) and no ecm, there was a place that could repair these, maybe you can contact them & see if they have spares.
Otherwise, see what intake you have, you might be able to simply convert back to a simpler (and better IMO) carbed engine. You'd need a carb style intake, and a low pressure electric pump, unless using a pre-Vortec engine then its even better you get to use a cheap and reliable Carter mechanical pump.
I'd take the opportunity to go with a nice 4bb, Edelbrock is easier if you have a Merc. Carbed engines are not subject to Merc's making parts NLA. Because all is available from Edelbrock & Holley, pumps from Carter. I can even get just about any part I need for a Quadrajet that hasn't been made in over 30 years.
So if I keep the efi setup, which module am I missing? I can Get pictures of the location today when I get home.
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,436
take your Merc serial or model number and look it up in a Merc parts diagram
 

Tgibson94

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 1, 2022
Messages
27
So i found the part# but they don't make them anymore... know of any places online that refurbish old ones?
 

Attachments

  • 20220913_085650.jpg
    20220913_085650.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220913_085708.jpg
    20220913_085708.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220913_085718.jpg
    20220913_085718.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Top