Olympic Hockey Wager

PW2

Commander
Re: Olympic Hockey Wager

Well Canada squeaked through the last 10 minutes !!!!
See you Sunday !!!
We got the final that this thread is all about :D:D:D

The Canucks sure dodged a bullet in the last few seconds of that game. The Slovakian player had a virtually open net with ten seconds or so left, and he put his shot off the crossbar. I couldn't believe he didn't score!

I really thought the US would have more trouble with Finland, but the game was over almost as fast as it started. I thought the Russians would give the Canucks more trouble as well.

I hope Sunday's game lives up to the hype. Should be exciting!

I wonder if it will be a sellout?

Just kidding. My daughter lives in Seattle, and she has a friend that paid $13,000 for a pair of tickets to the gold medal game, and that was before it was clear it would be a Can-USA final. My guess is he'd easily sell them at a profit if he wanted to...

Bigprairie1

Commander

Great game last night....and I think another really good game for Canada. Not so much by the score but by the lesson I guess. It's funny when you see a team let up on the pedal a little just when the other team starts to press down on the pedal....there is an immediate swing in the action and it was evident last night. It just goes to show that all of these teams deserve to be where they are at...they are all good. Now up to that point in last nights game Canada was shutting the Slovaks down and out shooting them so they can do this, now the next step is to continue through the full 60 minutes with the U.S like they did with the Russians.;)
Regardless....tomorrow's game is going to be a great game and much anticipated by all!!!
All Good:)
BP:)

puddle jumper

Captain

Last nights game was a very good. The Solvac,s were in our face in every period. The ending of that game had me on the edge of my seat ready to jump for joy or shed a tear.

US /Canada Sunday HIGH NOON. It should be a good game:D.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Hit the couch in the "horizontal" position at the begining of the third , woke up to the news at 11.30.
what did I miss??????
I know.;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Hit the couch in the "horizontal" position at the begining of the third , woke up to the news at 11.30.
what did I miss??????
I know.;)

So how was the news !!!!:D

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

what did I miss??????
I know.;)

Yeah.

My TV skips ahead now and then too.

Time for a new TV.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Anyone watching the Bronze game tonight ???

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well, even the snowmen are into the spirit of today's game around here.

Attachments

• Go Canada Go small 002.jpg
    Go Canada Go small 002.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

puddle jumper

Captain

Well I am already to go now. Just had my Canadian breakfast (Canadian bacon ,pancakes with pure maple syrup and Saltspring coffee ). Life is good.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Anyone interested in some fun entertainment value around this game should check out Craigslist- Vancouver under the 'tickets' section and the Gold Medal Game- Canada vs. U.S.A:eek:
It appears to be a minute by minute showdown between scalper sellers running out of time...and very highly motivated buyers wanting to go.
It's like the price drops $100 every 15 minutes or so...and all it takes is one seller blinking and then that resets the rest of the sellers.
At game time you are probably going to see all of these people meeting outside the rink swinging deals....and you know, I wish I was on of 'em.
Anywhooo, prices for the game are now running around $1000-$1500 each although some people are looking for up $2000 each. Regardless, the whole thing about $5000 or $8000 for a pair are quickly evaporating.
More to come!!!!
BP:):cool:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

No matter what the result I just hope it is not a shoot out !!!

angus63

Captain

Local news interviewed a couple who paid $13000 US for a pair of 3rd row center ice last night.

Chores are done, fridge is loaded, and soon I will be loaded too while enjoying the game with friends and family followed by a feast of fresh cod !

Enjoy!!! :D:):D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Pre game CTV, come on lets go!!!!!