Older Tracker toon

old jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So me and momma were at the outlet stores couple days ago. Spied a tracker toon across the parking lot
and went to investigate. Really different bimini on it. The bimini came forward and it looked like a covered
wagon top. Did not colapse when it was down like the present ones. This was a 70s something 24 footer
on a single axel trailer. I won't say anything bout the tires. The guy had about a 100 miles to get home .
I wished the man good luck for the rest of his journey. regards, old jim

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Older Tracker toon

Hope it wasn't a scissor trailer
I imagine 100 miles on sketchy tires on that type of trailer would be rough

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I think most people have done it at least once. My experience at that was on coming back from a night fishing trip at 3 am when I stopped for gas about 10 miles from home I noticed a piece of tread was flapping :facepalm: first mistake and I though ok I am close, it will make it its late and I am tired and sure don't want to change a tire right now,,, wrong,, I made it about 9 miles and it blew out, second mistake then I thought well the rim is rusty any way so I will just go real slow and limp home on the rim. I did make it home but the rim had collapsed and wrapped around the hub to the point where I had to borrow a set of torches and cut it off.

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ewwwww...that sounds like a nightmare.

I almost bought a 70's Kayot pontoon as a project last summer. Was about 100 miles or maybe even more away. Was on a Hooiser scissor lift trailer that had not been on the road in many many years. And the previous owner used 2x3's mounted to the top of the trailer to give it more height, but they were mounted skinny side up so the boat was resting on the 2" portion of the wood...sketchy. Plus the tires were dry rotted and they and no ideas where the hubs where packed....after reading unsettling stories i decided to pass on the sale and slept better that night!