Okuma reels

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Okuma reels

For the record, I think there's too much plastic and there are other reels that look better or are more " acceptable " in some flyfishing circles;) but I'm not keeping up with the jones'

Really, it's in any fishing circle... Some people got's to have their bling :D (wished I could have had a smiley face with 1 toof knocked out)

I've had a pair of Induron 400's for about 2 years now and they have been working great, seemed to loosen up after a bit which was a good thing for casting. I do agree with the "too much plastic" as I broke the handle nut cover trying to pry it off while installing a power handle Okuma sent me,,, for FREE. Luckily the handle came with a spare cover and I was more careful on the next reel.

The only problem I have experienced *1* time is that my 25# mono got jammed between the level wind and the reel's frame during a backlash, thus stopping the reel in it's tracks. No forward of backward as the line was jammed and the spool couldn't turn backward to pull the levelwind off the reel's frame. Pretty tight clearance there and it happened while I was learning the reel, so I chock it up to my mistake,,, (though I have never had this happen on other LW reels).