OK I’ve had enough.

stresspoint

Ensign
No ice meant for a damp cold this winter. I'd take me a couple days of what you got right now. lol
yea i would bet that would be a given , i used to live on the other side of Australia (east coat) all winter, either cold and raining ,not cold enough to snow except in the hills, windy and freezing cold and the dampness most of the year.
i had a saying : the only way to stay warm in this joint would be to silicone up the doors and windows to keep the heat in and the cold out.

moved to the West coat took me a few years to acclimatize , just this year the unusual humidity does not do my health good after recent lung surgery.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It's full on springtime here. The grass has already been cut once, the bass are spawning, the trees are budding and we're having our first springtime thunderstorm right now. We started cleaning the boat and nearly finished before the rain came.

Very nice! (y):cool:

Reactions: MRS

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Up in the mountains in California is a different story.----I can not believe that folks would be trying to travel with 10 feet of snow predicted 3 or 4 days ago.

Reactions: KJM

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Looks like we're going to make it 2 years in a row without any measurable snow. There had never been a year without snow before last year. We DID have the wettest winter on record. All rain. 35'. Absolutely miserable. I would LOVE some snow.

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
yea i would bet that would be a given , i used to live on the other side of Australia (east coat) all winter, either cold and raining ,not cold enough to snow except in the hills, windy and freezing cold and the dampness most of the year.
i had a saying : the only way to stay warm in this joint would be to silicone up the doors and windows to keep the heat in and the cold out.

moved to the West coat took me a few years to acclimatize , just this year the unusual humidity does not do my health good after recent lung surgery.
Never been there, but the wife and I are drawn to television productions done in Australia. Mining, racing and such. Seems to have some brutal enviroments. And whats with the damn flies? lol
Take care of those lungs. Kinda need em.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looks like we're going to make it 2 years in a row without any measurable snow. There had never been a year without snow before last year. We DID have the wettest winter on record. All rain. 35'. Absolutely miserable. I would LOVE some snow.
Careful what you wish for.......

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It's full on springtime here. The grass has already been cut once, the bass are spawning, the trees are budding and we're having our first springtime thunderstorm right now. We started cleaning the boat and nearly finished before the rain came.

Very nice! (y):cool:
Sounds nice, I haven't seen my lawn since December.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Guessing you meant 35 inches…

We got snow twice this year. Both times 3-4”, both times pretty much gone by noon.

Don’t like snow, never have. Incompatible with my preferred attire…shorts and flip flops.

briangcc

Commander
Couple blasts of snow but mostly been without this year. Paid $$$ to have the snowblower tuned up...think I've used it 3x total. Last dump I just said the heck with it as the next day was forecast to be in the upper 40's melting everything that fell the day before.

Put new tires on the truck this year in anticipation of a big snowfall. For the most part, haven't really needed them. Only out 1 day where they were used and honestly, I could have waited till the snow stopped falling if I hadn't replaced them - sneaker run for the oldest...he waited until I saw the quarter sized hole in his sneaker to say anything.

Ski slopes are mostly green. Gotta be hurting them a ton.

Other than low temps, its been hard to tell this is a winter.

stresspoint

Ensign
Never been there, but the wife and I are drawn to television productions done in Australia. Mining, racing and such. Seems to have some brutal enviroments. And whats with the damn flies? lol
Take care of those lungs. Kinda need em.
yea lots of those flies , they can be swatted away :).
yea its a tough environment to live outback away from the big cities, the TV shows do dramatize a lot though ,
we do get lots of weather from one extremes to the other depending on where you are at what time of the year which can make it a bit hard to live in lots of places.

? what lungs , they didn't leave me much when they started chopping bits out ..

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The forecast is calling for another 35+cm dump of the white stuff here on Friday....oh joy!

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
19c yesterday, 5c today and still calling for freezing temps in the long range. I may have jumped the gun getting the boats home. Atleast I can tinker.

rxl650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
? what lungs , they didn't leave me much when they started chopping bits out ..
Damn. Sounds like you should be desert living. Nahhhh, gotta be on the water. I have issues, but I live by my own terms. I'd loose my mind if I had to be an inlander.
Sorry, let me correct that. I live by the terms of the wife 4 kids and 5 grandkids. lol

Last edited:

airshot

Rear Admiral
Warm weather can't come soon enough !! Getting quite boring sitting in my boat out in the barn making motor noises !!

JimDirt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We had a snowmobile trip canceled last weekend for yesterday, that we scheduled like a month ago, due to the snow melting. And, we had the largest cumulative snow in the 4 winters that I’ve been here.
I cobbled together this for keeping rain, snow out of the boat for those times when I have put it outside. Worked pretty good. 👍

43A3DEEB-A51C-4FF0-8DF2-1C0A7EF74490.jpeg5AE3D612-0508-4C2B-BBDC-69FC5C89FC29.jpeg