Oil resouver float

dmurf

Recruit
can anyone tell me where I can purchase a oil resouver float for a Mercury 225 Optamax - had to purchase a complete tank but it does showt t thahe float can be replaced. Please help

dmurf

Recruit
I am confused. The new tank that you purchased does not have a float?
It does but utube video shows that the float can be replaced instead of purchasing a complete tank assembly. New tank $200.00 plus vs $20.00 for float.

dmurf

Recruit
It does but utube video shows that the float can be replaced instead of purchasing a complete tank assembly. New tank $200.00 plus vs $20.00 for float.
anyone out there that has any news on where to purchase the internal oil tank float assembly. It looks like a donut, set over a tube and a lock washer on top of it. on youtube, it show that the float can be replaced instead of purchasing a new oil tank which is mounted on the engine.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
anyone out there that has any news on where to purchase the internal oil tank float assembly. It looks like a donut, set over a tube and a lock washer on top of it. on youtube, it show that the float can be replaced instead of purchasing a new oil tank which is mounted on the engine.
Maybe post in the mercury forum or look up the engine on a parts site and see if they list the float.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
There are several Different Tanks used on the 225 Opti over the years, and models, so without a serial #...