Oil pressure

ROY WILLIAMS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Its a vacum pump with a very small hose takes hours to empty. It did remove 4.5 gals as normal but when refilled then kept filling so leak happening . Im going to tape the fill this time when it starts. Maybe ill see it. Just need my son to help. With filling or taping.
5qts of the engine oil ....

Pdevito

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Believe it or not guys when I went to Clean the bill jout. I found an oil filter o-ring took off the oil filter and it was missing. Never had that happen before, so thank God. That was it filled it up and were good to goClean the bill jout. I found an oil filter o-ring took off the oil filter and it was missing. Never had that happen before, so thank God. That was it filled it up and we're good to go

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. Any chance you’ve put an aftermarket filter on, and used one of the extra top seals, that aren’t meant for that particular application? Very common mistake to make.
Or maybe the wrong filter altogether? Maybe you’ve tried to thread on a filter from a 4.3. They are different things from the rest (when not remotely mounted)

Pdevito

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It was quicksilver. Just fell out. Weird as ive never seen this happen. We are good now thanks to all

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
If it only leaks when the engine is running, you may have the wrong filter or the old gasket was still there when you screwed on the new filter

If it leaks as you are pouring it in. You have a hole
Leaving old gasket on will definitely cause leakage. Been there!