Oh The Irony - Puppy Shoots Owner

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Oh The Irony - Puppy Shoots Owner

When I was young, I had a rabbit that broke it's back escaping from a cage, and I used a .22 to put it down. I had a German Sheppard with displasia (spelling?) and it broke my heart to put her down. I certainly don't expect to be sent to prison for these actions.<br /><br />Can I kill my own chickens or turkeys without going to prison? What's the difference? Because it is food, or because it is a chicken and not a dog? If my dog is suffering, can I put her down without going to prison? What are the circumstances that define justafiable killing vs animal cruelty?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

might be a heartless b*st*rd, but cruel? It's not like he locked 'em up in a tractor trailor for days without food or water.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The moron got what he deserved. <br />1. Shooting a puppy. What is he, some kind of psycho?<br />Why not just place the little guys in his POS hoopty, and take them to the ASPCA?<br />2.Failing to maintain control of a firearm,and discharge of a firearm in a residential area.<br /><br />Someone could've been caught in this azzclone's crossfire. Some folks just should not own guns,or sharp objects.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I think the point is, we have more humane options now than having to shoot puppies.<br /><br />But he should not be charged with a felony, he didnt do anything cruel. If he did this in a resdential area, then he should be charged with firearms violations.<br /><br />Cruel would be throwing them out the window in your car. Cruel would be tying them in a bag and throwing it in the lake.<br /><br />In the end, the guy must have been a moron. I wouldnt have told anybody a puppy shot me. How bout the old excuse, "I was cleaning it, and it just went off".<br /><br />Ken

SoulWinner

Commander

Down here it is a fiarly common practice among country folk to shoot dogs for all kinds of reasons. If the neighbors dog chases your livestock, you shoot it. If your dog had an unwanted litter, you kill them yourself. Can't keep your dog in the fence? Shoot it. Last year a guy was arrested in Pensacola (Ft Pickens fishing pier actually) for using new-born kittens for shark bait. There are some screwed up people here.....not everyone down here is nice like me.....

SoulWinner

Commander

P.S. Roy Jones Jr....He fights dogs and roosters, which is illegal here, and everyone knows about it, but no one does or says anything about it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I know,SW. It just aint right tho. These people have no heart. I hate killing things because they are in my way. There are better alternatives.<br />Also, I think anyone who makes animals fight each other for sport, needs help.