Official 2018 Starcraft Splash of the Year Award Voting Poll!

Official 2018 Starcraft Splash of the Year Award Voting Poll!

• MD28's 1986 18' Starcraft SFM

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Monmouth's 1979 Starcraft Kingfisher Rebuild

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MnHunter's 1972 15' Nova rebuild

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Astor's 1987 SS180 First Rebuild

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No-AH's 1977 16ft SC Holiday re-do

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The time has come for my fellow forum members to cast your vote for one of these fine Starcraft restoration projects that was splashed during 2018.

The winner will take home the coveted and well traveled SOTY plaque to have and hold until the 2019 winner is picked. There is also a keeper plaque in the deal too.

The poll will remain open for 3 weeks and will then close to voting at midnight February 14 2019.

This year there are some really great entries from some awesome folks who gave their Starcraft boats a new lease on life. Below is a picture of their completed rebuilds and a link to their thread. (in no particular order)

Good luck to all the nominees and congratulations on your excellent restorations!
MD28's 1986 18' Starcraft SFM

y4mlK5Iyg32lrD-qrGXAkITGmQFjCnwz7rFYrvZh2BiV-K9gF3amrTZ7tQGmyzRKkOyFaNiLtBlLtYfj3P6nxE33HouBFT2dSHL56vVuP5099jjxStVJFEYKufBQoUobynzJNvho03yEKExhjGznwAJhz5YM7P2KqQnHphiA_ZzH__E2E5wznG9uxubL_TbayqbFbq1tGybNRM2lScT-vFC3Q

Monmouth's 1979 Starcraft Kingfisher Rebuild

fetch

MnHunter's 1972 15' Nova rebuild

fetch

Astor's 1987 SS180 First Rebuild

fetch

No-AH's 1977 16ft SC Holiday re-do
fetch

The guidelines for accepting the nomination and etc can be viewed in the Nomination topic:
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owne...ar-nominations

You will be permitted one vote for your favorite boat that was splashed in 2018. Voting be open thru Midnight February 14, 2019 so please vote before the deadline.

Congratulations on all your fine builds and good luck in the polls!

Last edited:

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Wow, thanks Watermann for putting this together, I forgot all the great boats that got finished this year.

All of these guys did outstanding work and each brought their boat from the scrap pile to a beautiful boat on the water.
They are all very deserving of winning this years SOTY and it will be difficult to pick just one.

Dan

Monmouth00

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, seeing them side-by-side only serves to remind me that I'm out-classed!

Nice work, fellas!

I know my favorite, but good luck to all of you!

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks very much for starting the Poll Rob. Great bunch of candidates this year, I look forward to passing on the SOTY award to any of these great restos with honour.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for your help setting this thread up Watermann, you’re a very valuable member of this community.
Great builds to choose from this year...all entries are awesome achievements and an amazing display of workmanship.
Bravo gentlemen!
Good luck to all nominees!

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice job on setting up the SOTY voting poll WM !

Not an easy choice here folks... congrats to the nominees, very impressive work.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
You SC guys did it again ! Lots of outstanding restorations ! I guess I have some reading to ...;)

Tnstratofam

Commander
This was a difficult decision. All of the boats turned out great. Each with their own style and tasteful mods. Each of the owners should be proud of the work they did. Good luck to all, and thanks for sharing your journey with us here.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
There we go, the votes are in congrats astor , you're the 2018 SC SOTY winner! :first:

Man that was a close one, just one skinny little vote between Astor and Noah :happy:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Congrats, astor. Well done! :thumb:

All the entries show what the Starmada is all about - Making old tin boats better than new! You all deserve a round of applause.

No-AH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Tip of the hat to all of this years nominees, great job on all your boats! Nail biter to the end as the last vote was the deciding one! It was an honour to be mentioned with such fine crafts! Thanks to all that voted and a special thanks to members that voted my way :)
Congrats Astor!

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
What a close contest. Thank you all. I was honored just to be nominated and to be considered. Congratulations to all the nominees this year your boats were all impressive. Its been great to be part of this community and all the things I've learned along the way from all of you. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.