Of all the times to be sick!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Well, I've been suffering with a snore throat for 3 days now. That's not a typo. Those of you who snore, know what that is.<br />Yesterday, the discomfort changed from snore throat to the scratchy-feeling beginnings of strep throat. Accompanied by a head full of goo and a slight fever....And just in time for Christmas!<br />Of all the times to be contagieous! This draws such vacuum! ALL my kids will be in town, with ALL my grandbuddies....And I cannot even attend, much less hug and squeeze them.<br />And just when I thought things cannot draw anymore vacuum than they allready do, I just got called-in! This is going to cost them, I think.<br /><br />Oh well, I just had to vent. It will be a Merry Christmas somehow.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Of all the times to be sick!

Keep your head up 12'er, it could be worse I grant you.<br /><br />BTW, that does draw some major vacuum though.<br />Hope you get to feeling better quick.

crab bait

Captain

THAT'S A HUGE BUMMER..!!<br /><br />best thing for a sore throat is yogurt.. by the time you get done with it,, sore throat is GONE..<br />it's the 'active cultures' that does the trick..<br /><br />get on an stay on ZINC..but not just any zinc.. has to be zinc gluconate..<br /><br />no more then 100 mg a day.. any more it works against you.. <br /><br />the zinc will pull & flush out what ails ya ,pronto..

NathanY

Commander

Get yourself some Dayquil. It will help with symptoms.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> Get yourself some Dayquil. It will help with symptoms.
Ditto to Nate, but be sure to get Nyquil for the nighttime. It's more powerful but you don't want to take it during the day.<br /><br />All sympathy to ya, 12! It's just not the right time for this. Hey could this be your "lump of coal" for your stocking???? :D :D Naw, just kidding. Hope you still eke out a Merry Christmas in spite of it.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

When a sophomore in college, I had the worst acne around. Talk about pizza face.<br /><br />I took the following: ZAC, Zinc, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C.<br />In about a month I had smooth, clear skin.<br /><br />12footer,<br />Try the Zinc. Get better soon!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear your under the weather 12,Tylenol cold works pretty good.As far as work--might as well get paid to feel like cr.p.Hope ya feel better and have a merry Christmas.

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, i hope u get better real fast 12'r. all these drastic temp changes lately have been rough.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

All the cold remedies have about the same stuff in them. Psedoephedrine works great, with guaifenestin and dextromethorphan HBr.<br /><br />The new fangled medicines are just marketing gimics, stick with these old fashined ones and they work great.<br /><br />Ken

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I feel sorry for ya being Christmas [nobody thought I could spell that word] Good Luck!!! and enjoy what ya can of it!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Merry XMAS!!!! :cool: :cool:

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

sorry to hear that 12', Carolyn's got it too. <br />Some good advice posted here.<br /><br /> crab bait, <br />I'll tell her about the yogurt, she'll like that. <br />I have a 1/4" piece of painted plywood that fits apot the stall shower. this allows steam to be trapped and provides a sauna type atmosphere. the steam breaks up the congestion in the sinus' and lungs. This works good for children too!..sl<br /><br />BTW, it's okay to have Christmas any and every day!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wow! I just got home from the call, and find all those best wishes. Y'all are fantastic people to know. I feel better allready.BTW, the wife FINALLY convinced me to gargle with salt water,and I cannot tell you how fast it werked!!!<br />I am extremely susceptable to strep throat, and have even been hospitalised for it once.Normally, they treat it with antibiotics,and I was always told to gargle with salt water -- but I have trouble with it,because it is nasty!<br />Well, just to shut her up.....It was within 5 minutes!!<br />Now, if this fever would break :rolleyes: <br /><br />Thanks again, y'all :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Awe shucks! 12 i hope you feel better soon, being someone in the retail trade with all the folks coming and going,sniffeling and sneezing this is the first time in a long while that i did'nt get sick at this time of year, and i did'nt get a flu shot,so there go figure.<br />Merry Christmas :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Dang 12'r.. That stinks... :( <br /><br />I'm a firm believer in the warm saltwater gargle.. Knocks the scratchyness down for a while... <br /><br />Shot of Nyquil tonite, you'll be right as rain in the AM... :)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

We woke up this morning and my daughter has a stomach virus. Really vaccums because we are supposed to go to my folks around 1, we are doing the cooking this year. Tomorrow we have the bday party for the other daughter, and Monday we head to Houston for relitives. Still haven't figured out yet if the 9 year old is gonna make the trip or not. I think we are just gonna say screw it and take the chance.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

12, I hope this Christmas morning finds you at least half alive.<br /><br />Sorry, KB re your daughter, hope she perks up for the rest of your activities.

KaGee

Admiral

About 15 years ago we all got he stomach flu one right after the other. Started Christmas eve and lasted in the family till the day after. Talk about one miserable holiday.<br /><br />Hope you are better today 12.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

12footer,<br /><br />I'll trade your sore throat for the 'disease' I was given a few days before Christmas.<br /><br />I call it being dumped. 4 years and she does that to me 3 days before Christmas!<br /><br />Chris...........

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

For achris:<br /><br />Love Stinks -- The J. Geils Band<br /><br />You love her, but she loves him <br />And he loves somebody else <br />You just can't win <br />And so it goes till the day you die <br />This thing they call love is gonna make you cry <br />I've had the blues, the reds, and the pinks <br />One thing's for sure <br />Love stinks <br /><br />(Chorus) <br />Love stinks, yeah yeah <br />Love stinks, yeah yeah <br />Love stinks, yeah yeah <br />Love stinks, yeah yeah <br /><br />Two-by-two and side-by-side <br />Love's gonna find you, yes it is <br />You just can't hide <br />You'll hear it call your heart will fall <br />Then love will fly, it's gone that's all <br />I don't care for any things <br />All I can say is <br />Love stinks <br />(Chorus) <br /><br />I've been through diamonds <br />And I've been through minks <br />I've been through it all <br />Love stinks

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey 12Footer I've just spent 2 days on my back, well that and the toilet. Squirts, nuf said. Can spend 10 minutes at a time up so back to bed now. Missed all the family and grandkids get togeather, likewise a few mates wanted to celebrate with us today. Wonderful wife and kids all very supportive. I couldn't be luckier!<br />Ross