October Surprise!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I absolutely love it! John Kerry is going to run with his October Surprise (this phony explosive issue), right down into the Electoral Graveyard. I feel he thinks that this is his last opportunity to make something stick and he is going to milk it to the end, any truth or reality be damned.<br /><br />Kinda reminds me of of the movie, Dr. Strangelove, when Slim Pickens rode the nuclear bomb, down to his distruction. :cool: :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: October Surprise!

YeeeeeeHAAAAAAAA!!! YYYEEeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa!!!! Woooooo Hoooooo!!! BOOOM! :D <br /><br />
ACF293.JPG

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

But was not that Doctor in that movie a strange one?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> But was not that Doctor in that movie a strange one?
Si, Si, Senor SBN. That's why he was called Dr Strangelove. I think Peter Sellers played three different parts in that movie. It is rated as one of the all time best movies.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I seem to remember that the cowboy who rode the bomb to his destruction was a Texan....

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The next thing we will here is the environmental damage caused by hundreds of tanks moving the sand around. And it is all Bush's fault.<br /><br />This story shows the liberal bias but it really belongs on page 77 of the weekly world news. Kerry said Bush was quick to pull the trigger but Kerry had a commercial in less than 24 hrs. Real thoughtful and intellegent man.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Yeah...Peter Sellers played Dr. Strangelove, The President and that Brit Officer on that air base. Strange movie.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OH Pointer......77..more like 100+,I'll be glad when it's over

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I seem to remember that the cowboy who rode the bomb to his destruction was a Texan....
Uhhhh oh! Got me, rolmops. :D

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

What exactly is so phony about the explosives claim? There is now photographic proof that at least some of the explosives were there after we invaded. Who's responsibility was it to guard what was there if it wasn't ours???

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

First off mrbscott I think the point is that Kerry is so ready to jump on any possable thing wether its totally true, partially true or not at all, to use as a weapon against Bush.........If it was 100% true my question is what would have kerry done in the same situation to have stoped it from happening, I mean its a Military blunder that Bush was not there to be part of.......how he handles it after would be how I judge the situation. I can gaurintee you there were 100s if not thousands of blunders through out our militarys history and this one, Kerry wants to use as a weapon to get himself elected. And my question to you is if if I owed you $300 and tried to pay $3, would you say well theres a big difference between what you paid and what you owed or would you say it not relevent, it all the same thats not the point you just owed. There was not 300 tons there it was 3 tons according to what I have heard and read and you candidates so called "allies" in the Un made it ok for russia to come in there and take them away........hmmm not only that but store them in Syria. Im sure if we go to war with them after they start funding and suppling the terrorists with there ill gotten weapons you will prolly feel we are wrong with that as well.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

About the 3 tons......if thats all that was taken, then why hasn't the White House said the same thing? And if you were this close to an election you'd jump on any mistake by your opponent also. Bush would have done the same thing in Kerry's situation. It's politics. Thats what they do.<br /><br />The bottom line is: The explosives were there when we went in. They were not guarded. They were looted by someone unknown. There is no excuse for this. We were even told to guard the site by the IAEA before we invaded, but we didn't. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that the US is in no way at fault for letting these explosives be stolen? Yes Kerry jumped on the issue a little too quick, but does that have anything to do with explosives being looted in Iraq? No it doesn't. Forget all about Kerry on this issue. Instead, look at the issue at hand. We still have an ammo site that was looted after the fall of Saddam. We were in charge. Someone is responsible and blaming Kerry for jumping on it too quickly is just a way to divert attention from the facts of the issue. Explosives were stolen from a site under the control of the US military after Saddam was toppled. That is the issue, not whether or not Kerry jumped the gun.<br /><br />Rumsfeld even said the Russian connection was BS, btw.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Im just saying that it shouldnt be a Politcal weapon used in this election.......unless it is not addressed after the fact. And there is a big difference between 3 and 300. Lets be real it is a screw up no matter how big or small it was but It should not directly effect our opinion on Bush being that those who are in charge being generals and other high ranking officail were also Im pretty sure in charge during the Clinton years, now what Im saying somebody (Bush) has to deal with it now but......how can a man run our country, deal with all the world crap and going to war, be part of an election that his opponet has flung mud as often as he can though made very little effort to talk issues. (yes I know that mud has flown from both sides) and be expected to know of every little detail going on in a country as big as Iraq. now that it has come to his attention I expect him to deal with this and I would have no problem sayin that I disagree with him if it isnt dealt with but until then it shouldnt be used as a weapon against him.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

M&R, it don't matter.<br />As long as I can remember, the people running for office have lied and said what the public wanted to hear as long as it got them the votes and then, 95% of the time, did something completely different once in office.<br /><br />This won't change, so the candidates are saying right now what they think the public wants to hear to get that vote.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

ya I know SBN its just killin me and I cant wait for tue. so its all over.....ya right just like we still hear about Fla. in the last election ....its never gonna end :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I'm so happy to see Kerry "glom-onto" this 'missing' explosives story from the NYTimes.<br />This, (amoung his many other media blunders) exemplifies his utter character,by showing the depths he will sink to, in order to become the next commander in chief. It can only proove to be the last nail in the coffin of his political campaign. I welcome it and encourage it.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

K mrbscott read this and tell me what ya think.<br /><br />www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/32832.htm<br /><br />October 28, 2004 -- SHOULD the United Na tions decide who be comes our president? Sen. John Kerry wouldn't mind. He's shamelessly promoting the lies that the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency is telling about Iraq. <br />A devious IAEA report suggests that 400 tons of explosives were spirited away by our enemies under the noses of our Keystone-Cops troops after the fall of Baghdad. The document just happened to be released in the closing days of our presidential election. Purely a coincidence, of course. Brought to you by those selfless U.N. bureaucrats who failed in Iraq and are now failing in Iran. <br /><br />Since Kerry's willing to blame our troops for a scandal invented by America-haters, let's look at the story the military way, by the numbers. <br /><br />One: The IAEA claims its inspectors visited the ammo dump at Al-Qaqaa on March 9, 2003, and found the agency's seals intact on bunkers containing sensitive munitions. Unverifiable, but let's assume that much is true. <br /><br />Two: Faced with an impending invasion, Saddam's forces did what any military would do. They began dispersing ammunition stocks from every storage site that might be a Coalition bombing target. If the Iraqis valued it, they tried to move it. Before the war. <br /><br />Three: Members of our 3rd Infantry Division — the heroes who led the march to Baghdad — reached the site in question in early April. Despite the pressures of combat, they combed the dump. Nothing was found. Al-Qaqaa was a vast junkyard. <br /><br />Four: Our 101st Airborne Division assumed responsibility for the sector as the 3ID closed on Baghdad. None of the Screaming Eagles found any IAEA markers — even one would have been a red flag to be reported immediately. <br /><br />Five: At the end of May, military teams searching for key Iraqi weapons scoured Al-Qaqaa. They found plenty of odds and ends — the detritus of war — but no IAEA seals. And no major stockpiles. <br /><br />Six: Now, just before Election Day, the IAEA, a discredited organization embarrassed by the Bush administration's decision to call it on the carpet, suddenly realizes that 400 tons of phantom explosives went missing from the dump. <br /><br />Seven: Even if repeated inspections by U.S. troops had somehow missed this deadly elephant on the front porch, and even if the otherwise-incompetent Iraqis had been so skilled and organized they were able to sneak into Al-Qaqaa and load up 400 tons of Saddam's love-powder, it would have taken a Teamsters' convention to get the job done. <br /><br /><br />Eight: If the Iraqis had used military transport vehicles of five-ton capacity, it would have required 80 trucks for one big lift, or, say, 20 trucks each making four trips. They would have needed special trolleys, forklifts, handling experts and skilled drivers (explosives aren't groceries). This operation could not have happened either during or after the war, while the Al-Qaqaa area was flooded with U.S. troops. <br /><br />Nine: We owned the skies. And when you own the skies, you own the roads. We were watching for any sign of organized movement. A gaggle of non-Coalition vehicles driving in and out of an ammo dump would have attracted the attention of our surveillance systems immediately. <br /><br />Ten: And you don't just drive high explosives cross-country, unless you want to hear a very loud bang. Besides, the Iraqis would have needed to hide those 400 tons of explosives somewhere else. Unless the uploaded trucks are still driving around Iraq. <br /><br />Eleven: Even if the IAEA told the truth and the Iraqis were stealth-logistics geniuses who emptied the site's ammo bunkers under our noses, the entire issue misses a greater point: 400 tons of explosives amounted to a miniscule fraction of the stocks Saddam had built up. Coalition demolition experts spent months destroying more than 400,000 tons of Iraqi war-making materiel. <br /><br />Our soldiers eliminated more than a thousand tons of packaged death for every ton the United Nations claims they missed. Does that sound like incompetence? Why hasn't our success been mentioned? Can't our troops get credit for anything? <br /><br />Twelve: The bottom line is that, if the explosives were ever there, the Iraqis moved them before our troops arrived. There is no other plausible scenario. <br /><br />Sen. Kerry knows this is a bogus issue. And he doesn't care. He's willing to accuse our troops of negligence and incompetence to further his political career. Of course, he did that once before.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I seem to remember that the cowboy who rode the bomb to his destruction was a Texan....
But NOT a Bush ;) :eek: :p

spratt

Lieutenant

Here is what I think of Kerry and his Political views~<br /><br />
pukeguya.jpg