NYE, my 1st experience eating a "duck egg" (Asian type)

ezbtr

Captain
Thread starter
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
3,150
and on film, my buddy's gf's fav, it's Philipino "treat" with embryo inside, actually tasted ok, but boy I think I'm just getting over the after effects!! :eek: :rolleyes::facepalm:
 

Twidget

Commander
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
2,192
Ah, good old Balute (sp?). I tried it once, but was pretty drunk. :eek:
 

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
14,605
WOW, I think the only way I could get one of them down is if somebody knocked me out and pushed it down with a plunger... Otherwise, It isn't going to happen!:faint2:
 

Twidget

Commander
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
2,192
i'll try alot of thing, that would be a non-starter

In my defense, I was young, drunk and on my first West Pac. It was one of those things you had to do.. sort of like eating Kimchee in Korea. Needless to say, I only tried it once.
 

ezbtr

Captain
Thread starter
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
3,150
In my defense, I was young, drunk and on my first West Pac. It was one of those things you had to do.. sort of like eating Kimchee in Korea. Needless to say, I only tried it once.
My gf wont even try it and she's from the P.I.!! LOL :) I did indeed get some food poisoning too!! :facepalm:
 

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
831
Yep......tired that in the Philippines and trust me I couldn't get drunk enough to do that again. Monkey meat, and Kimchee was pretty dang good though. The fresh sushi and sashimi in Japan was superb!!
 
Top