now that boating is over

fseries

Seaman Apprentice
what does every one do now that the season for most of us is over?????

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: now that boating is over

For me boating will be over when hell freezes over.Eh I mean beginning of December.But I like to spend my winters taking outboards apart and rebuilding them.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I do side jobs on the weekends to get gas money for the next season. With the gas prices way up now, guess I'm going to have to charge more for my work. <br /><br />This past season was a record for me, I spent all but two weekend nights on the boat. However, each weekend I was on a boat from mid April to mid October. Snow, rain, and high water, I was on my boat! I just love having an all weather boat even if it is a Bayliner! :p

fireman57

Captain

Rebuild the transom on my boat, paint the thing, and clean the carb on my engine. Then I'll do the same thing to my brother's boat.

gonefishie

Commander

resumes taking my MCSE classes that I started 2 yrs ago, only got 3 more to go. Bought a fishing video game, watch football and get drunk more often.

Pony

Rear Admiral

might build a boat, might make a staind glass piece of some kind.....but fishing season just transforms into ice fishing season.

sangerwaker

Commander

Over? Huh? I've got over a month of lake skiing here in MN. Yeah, I know, I'm reluctant to admit it, but the boating seson is coming to pretty much a close for the season for me as well.<br /><br />I'll probably shoot more pool, drink more beer and wine, and nap more!

Ron G

Commander

i'll bundle up more and keep on fishing,smallmouth will get cranked up in another month or two.need to put some antfreeze in the boat george ****el should do it :D

magster65

Commander

Boating season is 12 months of the year here. You have my deepest sympathies. :)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by gonefishie:<br /> resumes taking my MCSE classes that I started 2 yrs ago, only got 3 more to go.
UGH. Have fun. You doing that self-taught or are you going through a service?<br /><br />Sean

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

Sanger you must be a real die hard. The water temps got to be around 50 now. I wish I could boat & fish the nice days. My I/O needed to be winterized it's getting too cold at night. <br /><br />Maybe hunt a little and I just got a puppy that is going to keep me from being bored.

sangerwaker

Commander

KM2, yes, I am a die hard, but with the right equipment (drysuit, latex booties, latex gloves, neopreme head gear) it's really not that bad. We keep a cooler of hot water in the boat to warm up the hands, feet and face, too. We try to go once per month in the winter. Hidden Falls park near the Ford plant on the Mississippi is always open. We always ski New Years Day, no matter the weather. That can be a bit chilly to say the least.

Ron G

Commander

I dont mind fishing but dang sange if i got in the water in jan, my jewels would hit me in the top of the head and never come down.more power to ya call me a wus.

LubeDude

Admiral

"Boating over", not yet, water temps are still 60. When it ends though I will get to putting on the new reads and all on my Merc 150 that I was going to do this summer. I had so many clients though (Guiding), that I couldnt risk having the boat worse than it is now. Now thats faith?????

gonefishie

Commander

QUOTE] <br /><br /> UGH. Have fun. You doing that self-taught or are you going through a service?<br /><br />-------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Sean, through New Horizons Computer Training Center.

gonefishie

Commander

Boating season is 12 months of the year here. You have my deepest sympathies. <br /><br />I thought all of Canada is an ice cube in the winter. Must be western Canada like the west coast U.S, but it's cold in Washington state, they're on the west coast :rolleyes: :confused:

ZmOz

Captain

Mostly I just get drunk and start a bunch of projects I never finish. Right now I'm in the middle of fixing up 3 vehicles. :rolleyes:

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

The water (ocean) doesn't freeze here....And it rarely goes below freezing near the water, so if you are FWC it's really not a problem to keep the boat in year round....JK

PW2

Commander

winter blackmouth (immature chinook salmon) fishing is great in the northwest. And the best time of the year to set pots for Dungeness crab.<br /><br />I had to move to Michigan before I learned what "winterizing" an outboard even meant