no water peeing on DT115

aztecrich

Cadet
I have an ealy 80's Suzuki DT115 that dont want to pee any water out the litle hole, I have replaced the entire water pump with a new one, Does not seem to get hot, spits water out the little up exhaust hole but just wont pee a stream out the pee hole, Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.
By the way, have not had this in the water yet since the install and have only run it on a hose with the muffs.

BOAT DOCTOR

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: no water peeing on DT115

get a old 55gallon drum cut so you can submerge lowerunit get a blow gun and a air compressor blow air into the pee hole if that dont work remove the thermostat and housing crank the motor up in the barrel and see if you have water flow to the top of the head.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

my suzuki doesn't like muffs either, get it in the water or a barrel

deejaycee_2000

Captain

wiggle a thin wire in the pee hole while the motor is running .... bugs love to crawl in there blocking the hole ....

aztecrich

Cadet

HI,
I had that not peeing problem with my 1982 DT115 as well, Did the wire trick and then the compressed air into the pee hole, Worked for me instantly and it began to pee a good stream, Noticed in the water it peed pretty slow at low idle but as soon as it speeds up it does great.
I had aleady replaced the water pump as well.
Good Luck
Richard

Retired old men just wanna go fishing
Wanted, Widow woman with boat, Please send picture of boat and motor