No End In Sight

18rabbit

Captain
Here it is!!! It is now being offically reported, “there probably isn’t enough support for the new Iraqi government after the June 30th pullout date.” I think we’re being softened up for the long haul.

PW2

Commander
Re: No End In Sight

What new Iraqi government? You have to have one, or some semblance of one, in order to judge support for it.<br />We have a month and a half to go, and we still don't have any idea who to hand the keys to. What masterful planning!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

A lot of things didnt go according to plan. That isnt poor planning, that is just the way it goes. Probably June would have been the pullout date is everything went to plan.<br /><br />Ken

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

All of this means, we'll have to come up with a few more billions of dollars that is'nt budgeted for :(

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There isn't and never has been any plan to pull out when the new Iraqi INTERIM government takes over.<br /><br />The plan has always been to stay the course until the job is finished.. . a stable and secure, self governed Iraq.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

"June 30th pullout date"<br /><br />????<br /><br />June 30th is the date to set up an interim gov't, that will try to develope a constitution by January. <br /><br />Under the new constitution, the Iraqi's will develope their own new government, hopefully about a year from now. <br /><br />We will be there for 2-5+ years supporting the new government. That has been the plan for over a year.

WoodRust

Seaman

Americans just don't seem to understand...You're not leaving!!!!!!!! <br /><br />You never left Kuwait, You never left Sauda Arabia, Quatar, Germany, England, Korea, Japan, Phillipines....get the idea?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You're welcome Woodrust. Aren't you glad you have a neighbor who indirectly looks out for your best interests?

WoodRust

Seaman

In fact the only countries you seem to have left are the ones that booted you out!<br /><br />Vietnam, Lebanon, Iran & the Sudan....Lucky you.. no n in Iraq'<br /><br />->time will tell with 'afghanistan'

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I got a strange feeling the Americans are going to leave Iraq, the same way everybody else has left Iraq.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

PW2

Commander

Phil, I completely agree with you.<br /><br />JB is correct, of course. The plan is to stay in Iraq until they have a "stable" government. And unless we give up this foolish notion of establishing a democracy over there, it will never happen. At some point in time, the US will tire of this mess, and pull out.<br /><br />And either someone with the same style leadership qualities of Saddam will take over, or the country will be split into 3 separate, and probably continuously warring countries, but neither will be confused with anything resembling a democracy.<br /><br />And very probably somewhere in this mix will be increased recruiting for the terrorists to fight the increasingly hated Americans.<br /><br />This nation building stuff is harder when the subjects don't follow your plan for them.<br /><br />Pre 9-11, the CIA published a list of 40 countries that had active Al-qaida cells in them. The US and Canada made the list, but conspicuously absent from the list was Iraq. No longer, I am sure, will they be absent from this list.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I agree with PW2 and wood rust. Get our troops out of there, deploy about 10000 neutron bombs and then re occupy the territory and make it the 51st state of the United States

18rabbit

Captain

‘Less you forget, the IRA said it was impossible to win a military war against England, but they could win through attrition. Their plan was to bleed the English economy to the point the general populous would demand an end to the war and vacate their Northern Ireland objective. As time passed, the young matured and joined the ‘cause’ … and England’s economy is still bleeding.<br /><br />And so it goes with Iraq.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by WoodRust:<br /> Americans just don't seem to understand...You're not leaving!!!!!!!! <br /><br />You never left Kuwait, You never left Sauda Arabia, Quatar, Germany, England, Korea, Japan, Phillipines....get the idea?
What towers would you like to level next?? how about wiping out the complete attendees of the next NASCAR race or football game?<br />We will remain vigilant, of course. But those who would do this are our sworn enemies now in this war upon Islamic terrorism.<br />After we listened to those communist plants of the 60's, we have learned our lessons well-- those of us who didn't buy-into the BS, and run to Canada when called-upon top serve.<br />We learned how the enemy can erode our resolve from the inside out, on our own streets. But make no mistake, those lessons stung the country to it's core.<br />There are those of us who will never forget 9/11/01, the Cole, the first WTC bombing, or the rest. The enemy wants our destruction. Those of you who won't forget, won't allow them to win this thing. Those of you who wish to protest, protest.But I'll just keep my eye on you...Yuo might be a plant.(Forever vigilant, you know).

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I'm not being a smartass or disrespectful, but again, have people analyzed why "the enemy wants destruction"? What is the White House doing apart from potentially making matters worse in the Middle East by invading Iraq? The justified global war on terror focused in Afghanistan-fine, but the war on WMD which is now the war to free the Iraqi people, has turned out be a big mess.<br /><br />Why does Al Queda want America destroyed so badly? Its a paramount question which needs answers and action, otherwise the problem will never get resolved.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Al Queda is just actively carrying out the mandates of the tenants of Islam. One does not have to do anything to warrant their wrath. You just have to be. In view of that they have simply picked the biggest target. If they can make us shrivel up and hide in the closet the rest of the potential victims become a pushover. This is the first time in modern history that they have had the ability to pursue this long simmering quest.<br /><br />All this defense of Islam as a kinder gentler religion is just politics. True there may only be a relative few who are actively trying to carry out the mandates but they are Islamic mandates never the less.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

BOMB THEM That's the only way... In doing so, it would put the rest of the world in it's place by knowing the the USA means business... <br /><br />How about this for foriegn policy? You're either with us, or your dead... :eek:

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Because of the reaction from the military leaders, elected officials and the puplic over the humiliation of some pow's and the military leaders trying to negotiate with the enemy and the military leaders giving the enemy a safe zone we will not win the battle in Iraq or the war against terrorism. Way to many p*****, who care more about our image or being liked than defeating the enemy.<br /><br /> Pres. Bush is quickly loosing my respect in regards to the war. He had already lost my respect in regards to his handling of the domestic agenda.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Toad2001:<br /> I'm not being a smartass or disrespectful, but again, have people analyzed why "the enemy wants destruction"? What is the White House doing apart from potentially making matters worse in the Middle East by invading Iraq? The justified global war on terror focused in Afghanistan-fine, but the war on WMD which is now the war to free the Iraqi people, has turned out be a big mess.<br /><br />Why does Al Queda want America destroyed so badly? Its a paramount question which needs answers and action, otherwise the problem will never get resolved.
Personally, I could not care less what motivated the mutant Islamic deviants to fly our planes into our buildings, only that they have done so, and since then, I do not care where they are.as long as we are in the active process of wiping thier sick and twisted life forms off the face of the Earth. The sooner, the better. And yet, I'm a realist, and know this will take a while, and thier spokesmen may now be found in other forms.<br />To me, there is us and them. I know where US stands, and where THEM do. I stick with US. Thanks anyway.

Fly Rod

Commander

:)Hey 18rabbit<br />You must have really been miss in formed by the "Democrats"!!! Anything that we do is for the long haul!!!<br /><br />We are not like the Jews that could end it in six days!!!<br /><br />And remember, we stopped the Jews from owning the middle east!!!