No Compression

D

DJ

Re: No Compression

DieselWalt just nailed it. Fuel is not cylinder selective. Heck, while we're at it, let's all blame VRO.<br /><br />The damage described was not cuased by fuel. My guess would be a lousy job last time.<br /><br />Whomever is doing the valve job, this time, appears to be having flashbacks to the sixties. When was the last time someone here bought leaded fuel?

Jerry San Diego

Seaman Apprentice

I have reassemeled my engine and it now runs. The engine started right up. It runs a little bit rough but I may need to readjust the carburator or some other minor problem. the compression is now goo on all cylinders. I started it on my muffs in the drive way and will make final adjustmets ther befor I put it back in the ocean in a about a week. will take advantage of it being out of the water and do some other things I wanted to the boat.<br />I want to thank everyone for the helpfull information and for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate this site, those persons who operate it are certainly doing all boaters a great service- thanks to all at iboats and for all the members who assist.<br />Jerry

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would reccomend making sure its propped for the upper end of yur rpm range.

Bhamil

Seaman

Congrats and good job! Just do yourself a big favor; remember that when Galileo was alive people believed the world was flat and the earth the center of the universe. Some people believe their opinions are the same, the center of the universe. Well, believe me, use a fuel whose octane rating is no lower than 89. If you have fuel in the tank, use an adequate amount of booster to get the rating up. You can always go through this again, though, so don't pay any attention to me...Oh, and by the way, Dieselwalt, everything starts somewhere and since you didn't see the engine either, I believe my opinion is as good as yours, and as nearly right! But, as Galileo once said...

Walt T

Lieutenant

Ben, there's no need to insult others. I understand your point of view. Using higher octane fuel certainly will do no harm. You're absolutely right, I didnt see his engine. But then neither did you. It's just my opinion that his problems werent caused by low octane fuel. That's all it is - my opinion. I wasn't trying to belittle your opinion, far from it. You made a good point and Jerry should keep that in mind as a possible piece of the puzzle. Thanks for your input.

Jerry San Diego

Seaman Apprentice

Ben and Walt:<br /><br />Again I would like to thank you both as well as everyone else who assisted me with their information. As with all information and opinions I evaluate all comments and untimately do what I think is the best for me with my limited experience- I will be burning higher octane fuel when I can afford it and using a booster too- For sure it can't hurt anything. This site is great and the opinions provided by all are valued by me. I also believe that the people who run this site and monitor the comments are doing a fantastic job and all is appreciated. this will be my last post on the subject unless I experience any adittional problems regarding the compression. <br />Thanks to all again:<br />Jerry