nissan 9.9 throttle arm w/roller

bucketlip

Cadet
hello, im new to the forums, but just started working on a nissan 9.9. i believe it is a 1992 ns9.9b2. it has a broken throttle arm with attached roller. my question is does anyone have a part number for this piece? i've looked at the diagrams in the parts books i have found online and cant find it listed. any help finding this part would be appriciated. thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If haven't changed : 3M2-03172-0 (Throttle Arm + Roller) Around $ 10.00

Happy Boating

bucketlip

Cadet
thank you for your reply sea rider, but i think the part number you listed is for a later nissan 9.9

pvanv

Admiral
Can you describe the part a little better?
3M2031670MTHROTTLE ARM Part 3M2-03172-0 was superceded to 3M2031670M$10.77

bucketlip

Cadet
pvanv, yes, i will try. the throttle arm that you list the part number for looks to be a mirror image of the part i need. when looking in the parts book it looks like at some time after the model we have, the throttle linkage is located on the oposite side of the caburetor. i believe this is a 1992 model. looking at the different year parts books shown online, the 1992 book shows it as part on the carburetor (with no part#) in the 1993 parts book it is show on a seperate piece of intake that the carb bolts to, and in later books it is shown in the reed valve diagram. looking at the carb from the intake side the linkage is on the right as opposed the the later models being on the left. it is very hard to see in the 1992 picture, but it is there. the roller can be seen sticking up. thanks pvanv for the help

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
First pic throttle arm should match what you're looking for ? Newer 9.9D2 and 15D2 uses the 3M2031670M throttle arm and roller as seen in second pic....

Happy Boating

Attachments

• photo334823.jpg
    photo334823.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
  • photo340822.jpg
    photo340822.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 3

bucketlip

Cadet
sea rider, yes. the first pic looks correct. i cant seem to find a part number for the first one pictured.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
sea rider, yes. the first pic looks correct. i cant seem to find a part number for the first one pictured.

Is that a 9.9 B2 or 9.9C or prior model if exists ? That throttle arm seems comes attached with the whole carb as seen on previous first posted pic or part of the whole inlet manifold assy depending on which 9.9 serial model is it. The lower posted pic which corresponds to a 9.9 C shows the throttle arm being part of the manifold, but placed at the opposite side you need it to be. If Paul doesn't have a clue don't know who else could have one...

Happy Boating

Attachments

• photo340853.jpg
    photo340853.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1

bucketlip

Cadet
i believe it is a 9.9B2 the part im looking for is attached to the carb. it is not on the intake maifold like your last pic shows. thanks for yor help anyway. i hope i can find one out there somewhere.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
You're welcome, how did the throttle arm ended being broken as it's a very flexible part ? Yep, definitely it's a 9.9B2 carb with attached throttle arm according to the parts model. Will need to buy a used carb as seems is NLA brand new or check with Tohatsu USA if can find you one...

Happy Boating

bucketlip

Cadet
the throttle arm broke when we had the carb off to clean it. no, its not flexible at all. it was hard plastic. i contacted tohatsu and they confirmed that its no longer made. ive searched all over online with no results. if anyone out there can help me find the part id really appreciate it. if i have to, ill buy a whole used carb i guess. looks like it was used on tohatsus 9.9, 12, 15, and 18hp from 1986 to 1992 and the same hp nissans in 1992. also if anyone knows how to remove the roller we've thought about possibly having it 3d printed. i dont know why this was ever a plastic part. thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Can you post a pic of the entire arm to check where it's broken. Is it possible to fix it with a 2 part epoxy cement ? The roller rests on a pin which has a small head that secures it onto the pin. Try to wiggle it sideways and upwards while pulling it out, should come off. Old throttle arms could have been fabricated with baquelite, now a days are made with flexible plastic or pvc material.

Happy Boating