nineteen storage cover?

ziggy

Admiral
ok, i'm on my 4th year with my nineteen. the poor thing sits outside all the time. it is religiously covered at all times when not in use. i'm on my second cover though. 1st one got ripped by the corner of the hardtop. now the second one is loosing it's water proof stuff on the inside of the cover. right at the corner of the hardtop. we got 2'' of rain yesterday and the whole back of my boat was sopping wet. :( so i obviously need a 3rd cover. the cover i got is for a 21' boat and is for a 110'' beam. it fits well. but i can't find another cover that's 110''. most i've seen is 108''. it's pretty close to not fitting at a 110''.

anyways. what do you guys use to cover your boat with. i need a respectable cover since we get rain, snow, high winds.... any suggestions?

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer
Re: nineteen storage cover?

I use the same thing as yours except I think it was for up to a 23'. I can cover my entire outdrive and everything. It still barely covers the beam though. It is a generic type 5 year cover from Classic. I think I picked it up at BPS a few years ago for around $200.

I also put an upside down bucket front and back to prevent puddling. The rails at the sun deck and bow always seem to cause a puddle otherwise.

ziggy

Admiral

It still barely covers the beam though.
yep, that's the obstacle for covering a nineteen i think.

do ya have any part numbers for me db? i'm not familar with classic or BPS.

I also put an upside down bucket front and back to prevent puddling. The rails at the sun deck and bow always seem to cause a puddle otherwise.
i hear ya there. i use a combination of items to keep the puddling down..

IMG_1112.jpg

there's a large beach ball supporting the cover on the bow.. while not in the pic. i also have a small beach ball in the center of the hardtop..

IMG_5932.jpg

i use one of them poles with a flat plate at the top to support the back of the cover between the hardtop and the aft end...
these items have worked well and i anticipate still using them.

i just need a new cover that don't leak. darn bummer yesterday when i took the cover off and found my carpet absolutely soaked... bummed me out...

any extra info on that cover you like would be appreciated...

have a great day db... :)

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

bps - bass pro shop

the model i got was the all canvas heavy duty. I got the other one first and took it back because it was too small. I finally got the biggest one they had and now I can cover my entire outdrive as well as the trailer winch almost to the trailer. I think it was for a 24 or 26 footer.

It tows fair with some additional tarp clips and bungees.

H20wens

Seaman

Mine appears to be some sort of factory?? (or at least custom fitted) HEAVY canvas cover. It is obviously old but in very good condition. Even though it is very well fitted, I still have to use a collection of buckets and other junk to prop it up for drainage.

Attachments

• P1060269.jpg
    P1060269.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0

ziggy

Admiral

bps. bass pro shop. thanks db. guess i'd have to try on line for that. we don't have one of them around here.

H@0wens. nice cover. does look oem to me too if not only for the reason it has the place for your flag on the bow. cool. wish i had one of them.

i've still not found anything worth pursuing yet. everything is only 102'' beam. i don't think that's enough to compensate for the hardtop... still looking..

danielmorse

Cadet

The one I used was from aftermarket discount marine (www.amarket.com/imbc21i.htm). I used the 21' cover. The width was just fine, it hung down the sides at least 10''.
I bought it 10 years ago and it just ripped it puting it on, It was faded and a little weak from washing it with bleach (dont leave the plug in). I held it on with bungee cords and streached it tight so water wouldnt pool up.