NFL - Off- Season Debates/News/Banter

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well we went defense at # 7 Josh Allen ...
I figured O-Line or TE ...

southkogs

Staff member
Good lord ! Is the Pope coming or something ?
The crowd outside looks ridiculous! :lol:
Yeah - we know how to throw a party in Nashville. Broadway is always packed. Even local events (Predators playoffs) jump the crowds way up. Bring something in (CMA Festival, NFL) and it really goes off the charts.

I live 30 miles southeast of Nashville proper, and we're even feeling it a little down there.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That’s what I hear ..
Should make a really good defense even better !

aspeck

Staff member
Tyreek Hill barred from the Chief's facilities ... Law might say not enough evidence, but the Chief's heard enough to bar him indefinitely.

Haskins' is upset he dropped so far in the draft and was the 3rd QB taken (in the 15th spot by the Washington Redskins). He feels hurt and rejected. Get over yourself, Haskins. You only started one year and although had some gaudy stats, he did have some miscues when playing the better teams. Really not sure how good he is. The Redskins don't have a great record of picking QB's, so time will tell. At least they didn't have to trade up for him ...

aspeck

Staff member
Miles Sanders, RB for PSU to the Eagles. I would take UK’s Benny Snell over Sanders.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Bills draft to replace Kyle Williams on D interior line. He can't be replaced with a what's his name.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah - we know how to throw a party in Nashville. Broadway is always packed. Even local events (Predators playoffs) jump the crowds way up. Bring something in (CMA Festival, NFL) and it really goes off the charts.

I live 30 miles southeast of Nashville proper, and we're even feeling it a little down there.

Yeah, we heard there's always someting going on at the stadium. So it seems like there's never a good time to make it thru town...

southkogs

Staff member
LOL ... Driving through Nashville is like straining molasses through cheese cloth. The traffic management in Nashville getting better, but still pretty lousy - even when we don't have anything going on. If you're driving through the area, I would say avoid Nashville. If you're wanting a place to visit and stay a little while, then it's a great town to visit.

That said, the NFL seems to have really liked the venue - and we had well over 600,000 folks visit Nashville over the weekend. There were very few problems of any kind, and it looks like it all went really well. That's pretty impressive and I think the NFL did a nice job here in town.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Janakowski to retire..

Hill after the draft:
Three days later, the Chiefs haven’t cut him. But they’ve made it clear that he won’t be with the team, at least for “the foreseeable future.” It’s expected that the team and the league will take some sort of additional action this week. Although the NFL typically does not invoke the Commissioner Exempt list in the offseason, the best outcome for now could be to put Hill on paid leave (there’s no pay to be earn) until the renewed criminal investigation ends, and until the NFL makes a decision on any type of league-imposed punishment.

aspeck

Staff member
Nebraska had 0 players drafted this year ... that is a first ... not a good first, but then again, maybe for Nebraska it is ... they will be loaded with players come fall??????

sam60

Captain
Nebraska had 0 players drafted this year ... that is a first ...

First time in 56 years. The sports writers from the land of the corn are blaming Mike Riley. My snowbird neighbor across the street brings me a NDSU shirt upon his return every year. He was sure to let me know that one of his Bison was drafted & none of my Huskers....Show Off! ;)