YellowRegal

Cadet
Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie boater and proud owner of a newly purchased 2008 Regal 1900. I'm looking to soak up as much information as possible so as to safely begin my boating life. Does anyone have any advice as to where I might start?

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Newbie

Congrats! Nice choice.

Chapman's Seamanship and Small Boat Handling is pretty much the bible on boating. It's widely available at book stores and updated all the time.

Take and power squadron or Coast Guard Aux. course. Hire an experienced boater to show you the ropes (odds are quite good, no one would accept pay for this, I know I wouldn't). Read through beginner posts on this site and other sites, like trailerboats.com and boatingabc.com.

YellowRegal

Cadet

Thanks VERY much. I am already signed up for the course (it's mandatory in my province) and I will pick up Chapman's. I will also check out these sites.

I really appreciate the advice!

JohnL60

Cadet

How do you like your Regal so far?Which motor did you get?Does it have the pep you need?We are looking at the same boat but have never been for a ride yet....John

YellowRegal

Cadet

We haven't put it in the water yet as the ice has yet to break in Manitoba!

We have the 5.0 liter. I can't wait to get out there!New boat 027.JPG

texanaustinite

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That's a beautiful machine! My next boat will also be a Regal. I love my 1700, but I'd like something bigger soon.

Welcome to the forum, welcome to boating!

That being said, it's July now. How do you like it?!?!?

YellowRegal

Cadet

Thanks for the welcome.

We absolutely love the boat. It runs beautifully, has lots of power, turns on a dime and looks great. We have had an absolute blast spending the day out on the water cruising, tubing and wakeboarding.

We really couldn't be happier with the decision to buy this Regal!