New type of Jet Ski

bently

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New type of Jet Ski

I believe several states (most) have laws about bypassing the safety equpement on jet skis and also not having the operator actually sitting on them.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

I believe several states (most) have laws about bypassing the safety equpement on jet skis and also not having the operator actually sitting on them.

The controls have a kill switch. Don't know what other safety equipment there would be on a PWC.

acarter92

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, it's not like jet ski's are safe to begin with so what's wrong with this. Looks awesome as crap... But I can't imagine how much fuel you use (they have to be at full throttle or close the whole time).

Austin

CapeAnn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, it's not like jet ski's are safe to begin with so what's wrong with this. Looks awesome as crap... But I can't imagine how much fuel you use (they have to be at full throttle or close the whole time).

Austin

So is skateboard. :D That said - taking something on noggin' sounds like a immediate trip to the ER and MRI for brain damage.

matt167

Captain

Not every one of them. Look when they are in the circle

oldjeep

Admiral

It can't go anywhere - the pump is tied into the operators jet line. Friend of mine from work did some promo vids for those folks

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like fun until you face plant into your ski. I watched a demo of the JetLev, which is the solo product that you see in some of the video. Cost is right at $100,000, so I doubt there will be a big market except for maybe a rental operation.

The other guys in the video are riding the cheaper Flyboard version ($7000 plus your own ski and and someone willing to drive it while you hover overhead). If you look closely there are guys on the skis laying down so it makes them hard to see on camera.

Seems like the guy told me the JetLev burns something like 25-30 gal. of fuel per hour to keep you in the air. I'm sure the skis the Flyboards are attached to have to run WOT. Most ski tanks are around 18 gal., and will burn 20+ gph at WOT so you can ride 45 - 50 minutes before needing to refuel.