New truck for SBN

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well, a couple weeks ago, I went out and bought the wife a new car, the Subaru Outback and today I went out and bought me a new truck.<br />Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab 4X4 SLT with the hemi engine.<br />Here is a picture of it.<br />
50681493.jpg
<br /><br />Only difference is that mine is two tone with silver on the bottom.<br />Hey, that thing got a hemi in it? :D :D <br /><br />Man it sure has some power and a 8800# towing capacity.<br /><br />I will post some pictures of it whenever this darn rain quits. :mad:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: New truck for SBN

Sweeeeet...Gots ta love a hemi. :) I could go on about fuel economy, but screw it, ITS A HEMI!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea 13 city and 17 highway is nothing to write home about, but it's a hemi and what a sound it has.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Nice! :D Best of luck with it! I get 19 highway and I thought that was bad (2004 silverado, 5.3 V8).<br /><br />Have fun!!

sangerwaker

Commander

Nice ride, SBN. My brother has a 2003 hemi ram, too. Last fall I borrowed it to tow my boats to storage. WOW! I think that truck pulling my boat would beat my Dakota empty towing nothing! You will be awed by the towing power. :cool: Fuel isn't the greatest, but like we're all sayin...IT'S A HEMI!<br /><br />Let us know how she tows!

LubeDude

Admiral

Hey SBN, What the $%^@#&%$, Ya win the lottery or somethin??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Next we are going to hear that ya did buy that new boat. :D :D :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice truck SBN, I've wanted one ever since I first saw the comercial of the 2 kids pulling up to the stop light.

SoulWinner

Commander

Les,<br /><br />A buddy of mine has one of those and that thing is impressive. The power band seems to be from idle to red line, the truck pulls like a dang freight train, and the power never drops off. Very nice. Very very nice. You will love it!

gaugeguy

Captain

"Sweet" :D :D :D Love that commercial<br /><br />Nice ride SBN, Congrats!

aspeck

Staff member

So, what bed liner ya gonna get? What about the mud flaps? Are ya looking for a beefed up sway bar for the thing? When ya changing your avatar? Maybe your screen name to "something, formerly known as SBN"?<br /><br />Just kidding - nice truck ... even if it is a Dodge!

SpinnerBait_Nut

I got some pics today of the truck and thought I would post them.<br /><br />
dodge1.jpg
<br />
dodge2.jpg
<br />
hemi.jpg
<br /><br />Notice in the bottom picture, the 2 plugs per cylinder.<br />It also has 1 coil per cylinder that fires both plugs.<br />A little dirty, but it is going in for detail this week. :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sweeeet twuk SBN :D it might give my Chevy a run for the money :p <br />Good luck with it Mr. big bucks ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

And if you have a dawg, it will love the fold-down part of the seat!<br />My dog lives to ride and rides to live, and that center cosol is her perch.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

HOTDOG!!!! 'Nuther vehicle me and snapperbait can test drive!!! Hey snapper....longnecks are iced up and ready to go!!<br /><br />That's a niiiiiice lookin' truck Les...enjoy! :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well, took some more pictures of my truck today, so I thought I would put them up here.<br />Have added some stuff to it.<br />Diamond plated bed rails, tailgate protector and tool box.<br />Nerf bars.<br />Some window vent visors and some bug knockers on the front.<br />Oh yea, a 4" extension for the exaust pipe. :D <br />Oh yea, did I mention it had a HEMI!!!!! :D :D <br />
watermark.php
<br />
watermark.php
<br />
watermark.php
<br />
watermark.php