New Trailer Help

McVee1

Cadet
I purchased a 2006 Sea Ray 200 select this past summer and want to buy a new aluminum trailer. The model I am looking at is a McClain AT "T" 2252. I have done some research on it and know that it will fit length wise, but am unsure about the bunks. Do they come standard width and you have to personally adjust them prior to loading your boat? Or do they come in a standard width that will fit most applications? My boat is 21' and the trailer spec sheet lists it for 20' to 22' models.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: New Trailer Help

Ayuh,... I don't know that trailer, But,...
Most ALL boat trailers are Very adjustable....

It sounds like it otta fit,...
Is there a link to it,...

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer

Generally when you order a trailer, the trailer company will ask what boat it's for and will get you set up in a ballpark area, sometimes you have to tweak it a little, that's how it works here anyways.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

I don't like bunks that extend out over the transom. Especially if you have or are going to add trim tabs. So it is important the winch post can be adjusted so the bunks fall at the transom..

McVee1

Cadet

I ended up buying the trailer yesterday from a dealership. It was in stock on the lot so I didn't have to order it. The guy at the place told me that without my boat being there, he couldn't help me adjust the bunks. He did say that the outer ones were pretty much set at a standard width, but were easily adjusted. From looking at my boat now the way it sits on the old trailer, it looks like these inner bunks will require quite a bit of adjusting as well as the bow stop. All looks to be very easily adjustable. Does anyone have a link to a diagram outlining where I need to measure my boat to at least get it set up ballpark close before I launch and load it several times to fine tune it?