New to Larson

nickbroox

Recruit
Hey everyone, I just purchased an ‘04 Larson 210 LXI. This boat is in great shape and I couldn’t be happier! I have some questions though—maybe some dumb ones. What’s the intended use of the storage compartment under the center bow seat? It’s plastic and has a drain hole but not sure if it’s actually a cooler.

Is the horn fairly easy to replace, is it a standard size? There are no screws showing so I wasn’t sure if a generic one would work. Thanks, looking forward to lake season!

Attachments

• IMG_8734.jpeg
    IMG_8734.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The front compartment is likely an anchor compartment. It could be a cooler, or you could use it for that I guess. I highly recommend you have an anchor sized for your boat and desugned for the type of terrain you boat around.

I basically have the same boat, 2007 LXI 208. Since there is no seal around the front compartment it would make a lousy cooler. I use mine for a secondary small anchor and line in case it gets windy. My main anchor is a danforth that I keep in the ski storage locker. There is a cushion that actually fits over that compartment lid.
My horn also did not work when I bought this boat, check the connection on the horn button. Mine was corroded and just need to be cleaned up.