New to Inflatibles and New to boating..Under $500?

legallimit

Recruit
Re: New to Inflatibles and New to boating..Under $500?

I would like to recommend a great inflatable boat for you to consider. The brand is Coastal Inflatables
They are sold in New Hampshire. We first saw them at the Boston boat shows are few years back and found them to be much less expensive that the major brands like Zodiac. We purchased one with a air floor for our son and have been extremely happy with it. We fold the boat up into it's bag and transport it to Where we are going. Inflates in approx 15 minutes. Our nephew has the similar size boat from Zodiac and he paid much more.. I checked their web site and they have left over boats at a discount
We never heard of this brand before but since then we see several boats while out in the river and at the beach. Check out the pictures on website and you'll see my son in his boat underway. Good luck with. what ever you get but dont buy a cheap one.

legallimit

Recruit

We have a 10-10 inflatable with an 8hp an that is plenty for 2 persons. Have used a 11 with a 15 hp and found the power to be scary. No way should you consider more than that.

Ocean Man

Cadet

Thanks for the response. I did check out Costal Infltable but they actually dont seem much cheaper at all. Not to mention i have no idea what the boat looks like or comes with. Site confused me.

Im looking to get at least a 10' now my budget it 1k for the boat? Has to be inflatable to fit in car.
ill be looking for a 10 -15 hp motor. Any brands i should stick to ? any years better than others?

ZThanks again

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Both 9.9/15 motors weights near same, are just restricted models with same CC. If can find a 2 strokes much better, less weight compared to same 4 strokes versions, if mission impossible to find, Tohatsu 9.8 would be a nice alternative, portable and with nice punch for your application if don't want to carry bigger 9.9/15 weights.

You can pick from Tohatsu, Yamaka, Suzuki. (Mariner, Mercury. Nissan are made by Tohatsu, so excluded from the list.)

Happy Boating

Ocean Man

Cadet

Ok so at this point i have 6 different deals but the one im thinking of jumping on is an 11' Mercury Air Deck w/ 9.9 Merc. Not sure about these air decks. I am thinking of a making the 9.9 into the 15hp but i need to do more research.

I hope i dont pop the floor with a hook :/

Ocean Man

Cadet

IS there a big difference betweeen a 10' 2" and a 12' inflatable when it comes to interior room?

At this point i have the deal down to 1200 for the 03 merc 310 airdeck and 9,9hp merc with gas tank oars ect. Is this a reasonable price ?

Thanks again Guys !

catcrawler

Recruit

look on craigslist. I found a 6 month old 275 zodiac for $350. They cost $1,000 brand new and the guy sold me the engine too, a 6hp mercury $700 .Also Got me a used trailer for $ 100 and fixed it up. You got to look around there are lot of people looking to sell their toys cheap. I put about $200 bucks into the trailer tags ,paint , modifications etc..keep in mind invest a liittle more now and save alot later.

James Baker

Cadet

I'd sy to go with a Saturn Inflatable. They're very reasonably priced, have been around for a while now and they've given me great customer service after the actual purchase. Not many companies are offering good customer service after the purchase. Just some food for thought.

jacoboregon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've just cruised through this thread and want to say you should listen to the advice from sea rider and incoop. Unless you are only a very casual boater and don't care about spending your money and not making any kind of investment you will not be happy with the cheaper "boats". Spend the money on a little better boat, go with the gas outboard instead of the electric (you can even get one with an integral gas tank), and remember.... your life and those with you depend on the quality of the boat you have. You don't have to be out far to have a tragic mishap. If you are staying below a 15hp, you may be happiest with a high pressure inflatable floor to save weight and space. As already stated, the slated floors are less than adequate. You are best to buy a better quality boat, and use patience rather than to buy one just to get out on the water. Some good deals can be had on used boats, but if you have no experience with inflatables you can end up with someones basket case.

Zodiac, bombard, honwave, saturn are a few good quality boats. As previously stated, stay above 310 length. You'll find considerable difference in room in a 310 vs. 380.

jacoboregon

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have recently started to find some nice setups that have caught my interest. Does anyone know about Bombard AX2 ? How small is it ? Also getting a 4hp Ob. Im also looking at some 10hp motors. I was in a 15' carolina the other day with a 25hp johnson w/ 3 adult men+ gear we couldnt get the boat to plane. But now that i really got to experience some smaller boating on water im all out getting a motor and running a 40lb pound thrust. I keep finding Inflatable on craigslist but people are asking for the same price as they paid for.

Right now im looking at this boat also http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|215570|216220|295555&id=1649498
and in the 10' version. Im unsure if 4 adults could really fit in here. It will mostly be 2 adults in it.

I think you'll find the AX2 quite small, and not be happy with it. It is only 204cm.

ontario_jonah

Recruit

hey everyone. this is my first post. im new here. it seems like a great site from what im reading so far. i picked up an intex mariner 4 late this year and managed to get the rig out on the river for a few hours in NW ontario.
i thought it was a pretty good ride. we didnt do any fishing but next summer ill be out again with it. after the 1st 5 minutes i felt totally at View attachment 123921ease. i cant swim..but felt safe. i put a 30lb minnkota on it with an interstate series 27 battery.we went upriver about 10 kms and made it back just as we ran out of battery. i wouldnt take it too far from shore or in rough water. i figure its best to err on the side of caution.
trying to post a pic of it. thanks and have a great day.