New Splashes

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks for getting the SOTY ball rolling....

There have been a few lately, but they weren't well documented efforts posted along the way, only completed projects posted after the fact. So not really in the spirit of the award...

A stunning wooden boat rehab comes to mind, 100% after the fact, nice work though, exceptional even....

There may have been more, and potentially still could over the next 45 or so days, splash.

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Master Chief Petty Officer
I remember when I first joined this forum there was always more than one prior to my opportunity so I want to award someone other than nobody. Because the feeling is beyond words!
Let's get them in the water!
I know it's early but what the heck 😊

todhunter

Canoeist
@huggyb1972 splashed his Bayliner Capri 2150 a month ago

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Actually closer to splashing the aquasport if weather is good this weekend , disco ball a few weeks out still

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys, yes Sam is correct I am ready to splash the boat but I am in motor purgatory, the mechanic working on it is waiting for parts, hopefully this week I will know what is up. I have a trolling motor I could throw on it, would that work? I don't want that to be my splash either, fingers crossed. Fortunately being in Florida, like Micky has said, boating season starts AFTER Labor Day! I am frustrated but trying to stay patient...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We could put my Speeditwin on there and run it as a tiller ! 22.5 hp might get it up on plane ! 😉

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys, yes Sam is correct I am ready to splash the boat but I am in motor purgatory, the mechanic working on it is waiting for parts, hopefully this week I will know what is up. I have a trolling motor I could throw on it, would that work? I don't want that to be my splash either, fingers crossed. Fortunately being in Florida, like Micky has said, boating season starts AFTER Labor Day! I am frustrated but trying to stay patient...
As far as I'm concerned if it's in the water and moving with some kind of propulsion it's splashed! 😊

huggyb1972

Petty Officer 1st Class
@huggyb1972 splashed his Bayliner Capri 2150 a month ago

Thanks for the vote. I appreciate it.

The lake folks set off fireworks they were so excited to see us on the water for the 1st time since we bought this thing 6 years ago. They tried call it a labor day celebration, but I know what they meant.