New project

peckus

Cadet
Hi all I am new to the forum and picked up a little project for the winter. Looking forward to getting much needed help from the members here. I will keep posting pictures but here are the first ones. This is my first boat and hoping to just have a little fun.

Attachments

• boatback1.JPG
    boatback1.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • boatfront.JPG
    boatfront.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • boatbacangle.JPG
    boatbacangle.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New project

those are so fun, what length and brand is it?

pkrainert

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks like a cool little boat. How much did you pay for it?

peckus

Cadet

It is 10.5' long and I have no idea what brand it is maybe someone here has an idea. Didn't pay much for it either;)

Driven1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cool boat. Looks like it'll be a blast when it's done. You know what'd make it even more fun? Put a water jet in it! :D

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I saw one similar to that posted on craigslist in Denver.. it was a 17 footer..
looked like a kick.. a pretty wild little craft... love the looks..

the one here had a trailer with it.. the guy wanted $300.. seemed a little high. and I dont know if it even had a motor..

have fun

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cool boat!! Im going through the same, my first boat just about the same size too. What size motor are you looking to put on it? I have a 40 hp on a 11 foot there is a formula that someone on here gave me the link to that tells what the max hp is you can have, mine came up with 45 hp max.

peckus

Cadet

I just found the formula in another thread and plan on seeing what it comes up to. I was thinking 40 would be nuts on this thing how is it on yours?

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It gets it going somewhere around 35+ I think? It's a long shaft motor and i need to get it shortened this winter. I don't want anything bigger, there is also a formula for how fast your boat will go with the motor you have, I entered 600 lbs i think and it said it should go about 61 mph! It takes about 10 seconds to get up on the water planed out good.

peckus

Cadet

Looks like I am going to try a 25 on it for now. Anyone out there know what kind of boat this is?

jcsercsa

Captain

Welcome peckus, well when you said a little fun, i think you were wrong that thing looks like a lot of fun !! hahah I know my 15 hp would push her great but if you put a 25 or 35 on her , hang on !!!!! lol

wish i could tell you what brand she is , but i dont know eather , just want to say hi and welcome and keep them pjc comming !! John

peckus

Cadet

Thanks for the comments. I think I am set on trying a 25 on her for first and maybe go up from there and I think that is a big maybe right now.

peckus

Cadet

After further inspection of my boat I noticed a few areas that need some work. Hopefully someone here can tell me where to start. I am hoping that I can tackle these repairs myself not needing perfection just function. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• floor.JPG
    floor.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 0
  • crackedhull.JPG
    crackedhull.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
  • crack3.JPG
    crack3.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 0

1970kayhydro

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You may want to post a new thread in the resto forum. You'll get more people to respond. Also some pictures of the inside and load them into photobucket instead of the thumb nail ones. Im in the same "boat" as you as far as the repairs and needing ideas. I have got lots of info that would be helpfull to you if you read some of post on my questions. Stuff about fiberglass repair and transom replacement.

Good Luck!