New Power System Will Drive Boat Sales

nightvision

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New Power System Will Drive Boat Sales

It's not spam. Seabuddy is just introducing a new product or idea for discussion. He post frequently in this manner to illicit discussion. I frequent the forum and he post there regularly in this manner. Check the site out. He has about 25,000 post at that forum.

I don't know Seabuddy or am I affiliated with him or the boatingabc forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Gosh, sorry guys. This thing has me excited. The last thing that got me going like the MerCruiser Axius was the Volvo IPS. To me both systems are game changing.

RGrew176

Commander

Gosh, sorry guys. This thing has me excited. The last thing that got me going like the MerCruiser Axius was the Volvo IPS. To me both systems are game changing.

Yes, they definitely are.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I differ a little on the game changing aspects of these two products . . .

To me Axius is not an I/B alternative as it is still a sterndrive. However, I would strongly consider IPS for a 40 ft. + Sportfisher or Trawler or other heavier style boat, planing hull, approximately 30 MPH max. Maybe a little faster. I would not consider Axius for that.

Conversely I would consider Axius from 24 - 40 foot planing hulls, 35+ MPH that would respond to trim and I would not consider IPS for that, especially anything trailerable. I guess the point being is that I would never consider an I/B in the faster boats, and I would never consider a Sterndrive in larger slower boats . . . IPS to replace I/Bs, Axius to enhance Sterndrives . . . I see them as different products for different style boats with some overlap, but not a lot.

Last edited:

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Axius uses the same I/O drive, at least the one I got to test ride as a regular I/O. Yes, it was a SeaCore spec Drive, but its was still a Bravo III drive except for the Axius System.

Most should not see any fuel burn difference, as one is pitting I/O against I/O, IMO.

MerCruiser, in their information, talks up differences, but that is where they are comparing I/Os to traditional IB drives, I think.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I agree ^^^^^

j_martin

Admiral

Excuse me,
Looks to me like Seabuddy got to drive a really neat star wars boat with an engine management system that a real human being (one that does not have salt water in his veins) can drive and enjoy. He says that, and posted what he could find on the system.

A whole bunch of rowboat pilots are insanely jealous and can do nothing but attack Seabuddy for being so excited, and knowing how to click and drag a picture or 2.

I like the new stuff, even though I am financially stuck in the 80's. It don't hurt to dream.

John

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think there are moderators posting to this thread and they suspect that the thread topic is SPAM. You guys are the only ones that can do anything about it. If it's spam, fry it! If not, why not discuss the merits?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if it is spam it was very well done, i don't dispute the facts, just the way it was presented.

tashasdaddy

if you notice, i went back and edited that post.

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As I said, sorry for the excitment, guys.

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

utilizing the joystick controller allows Axius powered boats to walk sideways, move at any angle or even turn in a circle all controlled by the joystick.

You can perform these maneuvers with twin inboards or any other twin installation. Some body needs to learn how to handle a boat.

We were given a comparison chart comparing Axius to conventional V- drives:

A V-drive??? what kind of comparison is that?? lets see figures for comparable drive systems.

RGrew176

Commander

You can perform these maneuvers with twin inboards or any other twin installation. Some body needs to learn how to handle a boat.

A V-drive??? what kind of comparison is that?? lets see figures for comparable drive systems.

To the first part of your quote, didn't say you couldn't. Only stated it is an improvement and makes the maneuvers easier and just about anyone can perform the function using Axius.

To the second part of your quote, if we were given information comparing comprable drive systems I would have included it in my post. My opinion with no data to support it is with conventional Bravo III drives there would not be much difference in performance, fuel usage between the Axius system and conventional mechanical stern drive boats. Now again this is just my opinion.

tashasdaddy

closed for review by mod team.

tashasdaddy

reopened my mods

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice system, not perfect. I liked what I drove. I also really like the IPS from Volvo from its get go a few years back.

Note. My test was on one boat and still a prototype. I would like to try more boats with this new system, but that will be a few more months fromn now.