"New Posts" button at bottom of page

gr8knurlin

Seaman Apprentice
Hey folks, I'm new here and love the site - I do belong to other powersports sites that use the Vbulletin or similar format.

Just curious if anyone has ever looked into putting a "New Post" button at the bottom of the page within a thread. I find it odd that one has to scroll back up to the top of the page after reading a thread to access the "new post" button. Not a big deal just gets annoying and might be an easy change to help with user flow.

Otherwise great site with a ton of information. I understand that a lot of time if not moderated properly these public sites can quickly turn into a political/opinionated chitshow.... Over on snowandmud.com we've had to create private areas within the site to keep all the political/social/random & off-topic threads out of the public arena and members need to be granted access to view.

Overall the site looks very clean and on point - hats off to the mods, I know it's not an easy task.

Ian

jbcurt00

Staff member
No longer vB based site.

vB sucks bilge water

Seems an odd setup to have a public forum w dark corners that allow a wild west anything goes section that requires special access approval for members....

That just adds work for the volunteer Mods.

Surfing on my phone, the post reply text box is at the bottom, as is the post reply button when I'm ready to post my reply to your post.

gr8knurlin

Seaman Apprentice
No longer vB based site.

vB sucks bilge water

Seems an odd setup to have a public forum w dark corners that allow a wild west anything goes section that requires special access approval for members....

That just adds work for the volunteer Mods.

Surfing on my phone, the post reply text box is at the bottom, as is the post reply button when I'm ready to post my reply to your post.
It's really not that bad, no real "special permission" is required simply a request to access.... but many of the members over there know one another personally and sled/quad/camp together and personal conversations, disputes, opinions etc... are just kept out of the pubic eye. It's the "tailgate chat" area.

Anyway that's a different site, as for my question on here.... I have the text box and reply option at the bottom, but if I have nothing to add to a particular thread it would be nice to have a "new posts" button on the bottom of the page so one does not have to scroll back up to the top of the page.

Again not a big deal just more efficient.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No need to scroll to the top to click new posts. Click on the always visible "What's new" on top of every page.

What I do is click on What's new, look at a post, read and/or replay and use the back icon to go back to the list of new posts.

I don't phone surf.

gr8knurlin

Seaman Apprentice
No need to scroll to the top to click new posts. Click on the always visible "What's new" on top of every page.

What I do is click on What's new, look at a post, read and/or replay and use the back icon to go back to the list of new posts.

I don't phone surf.
That works... I've never really paid attention to that button but it is always visible.... Thanks