New G3 for me, V14 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

IUalum

Cadet
I am surprised more G3 owners aren't posting here. Is there another forum I should know about? I bought this Guide V14, from the deep V guide/angler series and am getting it ready to fish. I have added a Yamaha outboard, trolling motor and fish finder thus far, will add a livewell next week. More pics to come. Here it is as I picked it up from the dealer.

Attachments

• G3e.JPG
    G3e.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 3

rosscopeeko

Seaman
Re: New G3 for me, V14 Guide

Nice boat. I just bought the same boat but in the 12ft version. I have yet to try it out but will soon on a long camping run up 2 lakes in BC Canada, with a fast river passage in between. I'm running a yamaha 15 2 stroker. I love this boat. You're looks good too. Congrats.

IUalum

Cadet

Glad to finally see another G3 owner here. Thanks, I am going to post some newer pics, I have added seats, rod holders and other stuff and have fished out of it about a dozen times this summer. I love it and plan to upgrade the motor next summer to a 15 or 20. Let's see some pics!

rosscopeeko

Seaman

Seats, that's what i need in my v12 guide. I just got back from our 80km journey with a sketchy river passage and i was a little let down by my boat. I had a 14ft harbercraft before this with the same motor "yamaha 15 2 stroke" and the G3 is slower and way harder to plane with a comparable load. The G3 is however wider and a little shorter, and we were over the weight limit a good 100lbs, but my motor had a hard time in spots. Now i want to go a little bigger to a 20hp, but i'm not sure if the boat could handle it. I'm sure it could because i don't run my motors wide open. One thing we also noticed is that it's pretty easy to get water in over the transom on this new boat compared to my other boat, and that is with a normal 2 person load. It is a stable boat and we like it, i just need to work out the bugs. I really wish i could run a 20 to see how it would handle it. I'll send over some pics in a few days. Btw my yamaha 15 is 79lbs and a 20hp is 104 in the 2 stroke flavor, and 101 in the new Honda 20 4 banger. That's an extra 22lbs at the rear. I always run with 2 people and our dog. What do you think? Think a 20 is totally unsafe if run responsibly?

IUalum

Cadet

The V14 is rated for 20hp, the G3 website has the V12 rated for 15. The Yamaha F15 and F20 only differ in the way the carb is set-up and a few other details. The weight and specs are basically the same, you may just not want to go full throttle until you are sure that the hull will handle it. I am going to try and trade my Yamaha F6 for a 15 or 20 next season. The 6 is fine, I'd just like a little more speed and this 6 will make someone a killer kicker motor.

Sorry I don't have pics up yet, busy summer.

rosscopeeko

Seaman

I really like this guide v12 i have. I just thought i would measure the beam width for kicks, and this sucker is 64" at it's widest part, and 63" near the transom. This has to be one of the widest 12' boats i've seen. I did this caluclation formula i found on boston whalers site that determines maximum hp rating for boats. 2xLxW - 90= max hp rating. I did this and i get a crazy 35hp rating. I'm guessing this is more for whaler boats and not tin boats. Anyways, here's a pic of my g3 with my yamaha 15 2 stroke.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 1

mike po

Recruit

Nice boats guys. I have been lookin at the 16 and 18 footers. Please post pics of the interiors as you rig em up. Not many pics of them on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.