New front roller

Mustang67ford

Seaman Apprentice
I am now thinking of replacing both my forward most rollers with 12" keel rollers. I will need new brackets and pins. Found the galvanized prackets and zinc pins on etrailer.com. couldn't locate any of these in stainless. See any issues with replacing both rollers or the regular hardware?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I am now thinking of replacing both my forward most rollers with 12" keel rollers. I will need new brackets and pins. Found the galvanized prackets and zinc pins on ********.com. couldn't locate any of these in stainless. See any issues with replacing both rollers or the regular hardware?

Save your money. Dunk the trailer at the proper depth and you won't have a problem. My previous suggestion for Stoltz will help the process along.

Mustang67ford

Seaman Apprentice
Save your money. Dunk the trailer at the proper depth and you won't have a problem. My previous suggestion for Stoltz will help the process along.

Sorry for stupid question, but how do you determine the proper depth?

ahicks

Captain
I play this "correct depth" game when I get a "new to me" boat, and have for many years. I use the top of the fenders as my reference. Top of fenders just showing above water, top of fenders even with water level, top of fenders with an inch or 2 of water over them, etc. It works great, and allows the boat to load nearly exactly the same every time - no surprises. Highly recommended.