New build crackerbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New build crackerbox

Gave her a name and added some trim tabs hopefully they with the porpoising. Roll on the spring :laugh:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I LOVE the Name!!!! Oh, and the Boat ain't so bad either:D;)!!!!!
Here's hoping the Tabs take care of the "Ups and Downs!"

Last edited:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Wow - turned out fantastic. Love the name and those trim tabs are sweet.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Incredible boat! Beautiful!

You have unreal skills!

I'm blown away....

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Nice!! Hey, I noticed earlier on that you built an engine cover for her, but I haven't seen it since. Is that something you decided against in the end?

Last edited:

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did start on the engine hatch but wasn't happy with the way it looked having to go over the exhaust elbows so I'm saving up to get some low profile polished aluminum ones."might take me a year" so for now I'll leave her naked :D

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Let that V-8 breath, it looks extremely nice and you should be quite happy with your project. I haven't really seen a better looking wood project from this site.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Sean, the Name is perfect and the trim tabs look great!
Hopefully they'll solve the porpoising...
Just took the liberty of sketching up and "old school" type of engine cover...maybe with a little creative tweaking, you can build it to fit the lines of the boat better and save some cash on the shorty pipes...???
Make the initial prototype out of cardboard, until you get a design you like, then make it for real...
Here is my take on what it could look like...The back would follow the rake of the windshield, the overall shape would follow the contours of the deck and the front would have a nice air intake scoop...

No matter what, this is still one of the nicest builds I have ever seen...:cool:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Hubba Hubba..dam nice build..that was excellent wood work..All i can say is i'm not peeking into this thread again...geez that boat would be right in this old man's wheel house.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sean, the Name is perfect and the trim tabs look great!
Hopefully they'll solve the porpoising...
Just took the liberty of sketching up and "old school" type of engine cover...maybe with a little creative tweaking, you can build it to fit the lines of the boat better and save some cash on the shorty pipes...???
Make the initial prototype out of cardboard, until you get a design you like, then make it for real...
Here is my take on what it could look like...The back would follow the rake of the windshield, the overall shape would follow the contours of the deck and the front would have a nice air intake scoop...

No matter what, this is still one of the nicest builds I have ever seen...:cool:

Cheers, That looks ok thanks I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with:juggle:

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Launch day and all went well the trim tabs worked a treat couldn't be happier with her:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Awesome video Sean,
Trim tabs seem to have done the trick...:thumb:
But I seriously doubt the 50 MPH speedo had any room left for the needle...:bolt::jaw:

:D

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

OMG.jpg

Last edited:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Great video; Great tunes! What a fantastic build. Thanks for sharing with us... Truly inspirational.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cheers guy's best fun I have had on the water yet:) frightened the life out of me going that fast so close to the water:eek:, now how much more HP would I get if I changed to an aluminium manifold and a 4 barrel carb :lol:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If you go to much faster, you'll end up looking like this...
HighSpeed.jpg

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Took a step back in....very nice you put a smile on a old man's heart

Status
Not open for further replies.