new boat is home!

Jasonsamko

Cadet
Yesterday I left my house at 4am, drove to Elkhart Indiana and picked up my trailer from trailersforpontoons.com. Then left there and drove to wayland michigan to pick up my boat. Tested the boat on gun lake for a bit then loaded up and drove 3 hours home. so total of 13 hours door to door.
got my gps installed, sharkhide applied to tubes inside and out and underskin, waxed, and ready for the lake to melt here!
2013 Sylvan 8522 lz le Tritoon with a mercury 150 4 stroke. 15 1/4" x 14p enertia ss prop. Tritoon trailer with brakes on all wheels.

Love the boat! tried a couple props. tried the 15 1/4" x 14p ss and it pulled hard out of the hole and i hit 36 with 2 guys but had to let off as i ran out of lake (still half frozen). Tried the 15 1/4x15p aluminum and it didnt have the lowend grunt but probably would go a couple mph faster and it lost bite in the corners. So i went with the ss 15 1/4x14p and they gave it to me free!
only complaint so far is i hate the stupid lock out key on the trailer surge brakes!!! dumbest thing i ever seen, but i modifed it so i can live with it.
fullboatdealeremail_zps7590fb8f.jpg

side1email_zps796ceaab.jpg

frontqtremail_zps953a8656.jpg

dashemail_zpsb7526ed2.jpg

lounge2email_zpsb45d846b.jpg

see the sharkhide vs no sharkhide
sharkhideemail_zpsea94cf02.jpg

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: new boat is home!

In a word: WOW
in two: Holy Sh*t
in three: WHAT A 'TOON

And again, my little 18' Tracker is relegated to the rank of bathtub toy

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

From the name of your Thread, I thought that meant you lived on your tritoon boat.

The payment on my Bennington is much higher than the payment on my house. LOL!

It's expensive for the first few years to go truly first class. But the next 20 years will be cheese, as tritoons are very long lasting boats if kept out of the weather and properly maintained. They're truly a value in recreation for the long run.

craigmack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After seeing yours I can't wait to get mine into the water. Mine was running around 38/39 GPS with two tubes and the Enertia 15P. This will be the first season with the added center tube. With the ice still a foot thick I'll be waiting a bit more :(. I glad to hear the extra tube doesn't hurt the speed. How does it turn? I don't expect it to bank like the more expensive tritoons but I'm curious none the less; with the two tubes it stays surprisingly level.

brnschoneck

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very Very nice mate welcome aboard shes a beauty !!!!

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Great looking pontoon. I'm sure you'll love it. But I have to ask, why in the world did you have to drive 240 +/- miles to get a trailer? And....wasn't there a dealer closer to Houghton Lake? That's one heck of a drive. At least you got a boat ride in the middle of it.

Jasonsamko

Cadet

Bamaman1, I hear ya on the expense... i paid cash for the trailer and put 10k down on the boat and financed the rest for 5 years. So its a big payment but will be over quicker...lol so in 5 years i will love the boat even more!

Craigmack, It corners pretty flat but also pretty tight. i cut it hard at 30mph to see how it compared to my 175 bayliner for swinging back to pick up down tubers and it was not as tight but really good. when i did the turn the mechaninc (him and sales guy were on the boat) said "man that 3rd tube makes these pontoons perform in ways that twin tubes couldnt dream of" that made me feel good.

smclear, i saved 800 bucks on the trailer going straight to the source rather than the dealer and that includes my gas to go get it. same with the boat i called 8 or 9 dealers in michigan and ohio to get the best price. all dealers within a hour and half from me were litterally 2-3 grand more.
side note for michigan guys: i live 5 miles from spicers boat city. in the last 8 years i have bought 3 boats, 7 snowmobiles, 3 quads, and 5 trailers. I have tried to buy all of those from spicers and they would never match other prices or even come within 500 bucks of those prices. i bought 4 of those items from spicers knowing i was paying more but wanted to support my local dealer. I promised Don at spicers i would give him a shot when i decided on what pontoon. i called him and got his price witch was 3400 more than where i bought my boat but he said to check with him again when i was ready to sign and he woudl see what he could do. well i bought my boat from my dealer without getting back to don. then a month later i was him in spicers and he asked if i was ready to do the boat. figureing he would be way to high anyway i didnt tell yhim i bought it already and gave him the price i paid and all the specs. he said he would talk to his boss and call me. he called 15 minutes later and said "yep i can do that price" i was shocked! i had to tell him i already bought it and explained how all these years they would never match or budge on price. he knew the story as he was the guy i always talked to. he said "spicers is a whole new dealer know and we are more aggressive and wont be beat!" so anyone in michigan or surrounding area give don a call and see what he can do for you.