New boat help

I just bought a 2016 Tracker TXW with 60 hp 4 stroke on it form the original owner. He bought it in Feb. 2017 and took it out one time then he had a heart attack and his health never allowed him to take it out again. It still has over 3/4 of the original first tank of gas. It has been in an attached garage with the cover on it. I planned to drain the gas tank but I was wondering if there was anything else I needed to do before firing up the engine.

Since this boat has under 2 hours on it what about breaking the motor in?

Also do you think it’s worth it for me to have it inspected and transfer the warranty for $200? I think the Mercury only has a 3 year warranty and the Trackers lifetime hull warranty goes to 10 years basically 6 years left with transfer to the second owner. I’m sure there is a few for the inspection too but I haven’t called yet.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

alldodge

Staff member
Warranty is always roll the dice, might be worth it for the motor but not the hull. Motor is not an option so I would pass

So long as the old gas is out and filters changed I would just follow the Merc break in as the manual would show

Warranty is always roll the dice, might be worth it for the motor but not the hull. Motor is not an option so I would pass

So long as the old gas is out and filters changed I would just follow the Merc break in as the manual would show
Would you change the motor oil and lower end oil? Both look brand new.