Never again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Never again!!!

The first one is the hardest, it'll be easier next time.:p

Num, Think of it as learning experience. Numero Uno, get some info on what to look for before the next one, although with your horrendous experience, you've just about covered the waterfront, pun intended. The rest is all of the above times 10. Aquasport Addict. P. S. Forget old boats from old ladies, she never wanted it, he abused it, then she forgot it!!

wow that was a long read and all the comment jeez. atleast you know what it take to do a resto. feel bad every thing you went through to get to this point but i will be worth it the first time you take it on the water and open her up. i'll bet that will be the best part of it.

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer

Every rookie thinking of doing a resto should read this if they don't have an undying love for the boat. Not to discourage them from doing it, but for a reality check. Everything costs money and nothing ever goes as far as you think (especially the first time)

I am in awe of those that tackle this kind of project. I have read frisco's thread and watched the videos. he is amazing.

I'm nervous about trimming the edge of my swim platform and you guys are going at it in a big way.

I think a lot of people have an experience similar to yours. They start down the road and get into it and they realize they will need more stuff than they thought and all those things add up in a hurry.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

When a thread is in the archives........ usually only the original poster can bring it back up to the top. PLEASE refrain from answering and commenting on old threads.

It keeps the threads that are current at the top. While we appreciate participation it is frowned upon with the old threads (we have over 450,000 posts and over 3 million posts!!!

I will close this one and let it drift back down into the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.