Neighbors Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
My neighbors cat is making himself at home around my house. He has been caught sleeping on my car and has scrached the paint where he jumps on and off. I also know he is sleeping on my Bass Tracker, because there is cat hair all over the carpeted decks. I have talked to my neighbor (single elderly woman) and asked here to keep the cat inside or get rid of it. I knew this would not make a difference but I tried. I have also called the Animal Control, they left a trap here for 3 weeks and no luck (smart cat?). Today I saw that bas***d come climbing out of my 2000 Chaparral. I have invested over $100,000.00 in this boat (Signature 290) and have no intensions on letting this f-n cat sleep in,on, or around it. :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Any suggestion on how to get rid of this problem without drawing attention to myself since EVERYBODY knows "I" am the one complaining about the cat. :confused:

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Neighbors Cat

Reel Poor and you have a $100,000.00 boat. Hmmm. I'm not convinced. I sympathize with your plight however. I can't leave my boat uncovered for ten minutes unsupervised. Three neighbors have cats and don't give a damn where they crap or sleep. There are times when antifreeze sounds real good. Good luck. Mark.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Ok folks I dont wont this to get out of hand. I do keep my boat covered. Its on a trailer, in my yard. The only way I can see the cat even got in the boat is via the roof of my house. Its about 4 1/2 to 5 feet from the ground to the swim platform. The cat is obviously going in the boat where the transom door and the cover meet. There is about a 5 inch gap between the door and the cover. I have already moved the boat today further away from the house trying to prevent access via roof. I didnt know the cat was getting in this boat as I thought is was virtually impossible. But Its obvious this was not the first time.<br /><br />
Reel Poor and you have a $100,000.00 boat. Hmmm. I'm not convinced.
I didnt start this thread to convince you or anyone else about my boat. <br /><br />I started this thread because I wanted to Bitc about my neighbors f-n cat.

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

I’m not taking sides, but if you can afford a $100,000 boat can’t you build a cat/pet proof garage/building to store it in. <br />If your neighbors cat is gotten rid of, there will always be more cats,so the battle goes on.<br />I’ve had a dog die from antifreeze poisoning, not a nice thing to watch :( .

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

I had a buddy who always had cats walking over his prize and joy. He ended up putting cayenne pepper on the hood and the roof. It wasn't to long before the cat stopped jumping up there and getting a nose full of the red cayenne pepper.<br />It was a bit of a hassle for him to put it there after each trip but it seemed to work.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Im not lookin for ways to kill the cat I was actually hoping for any legal means to remedy the problem. <br /><br />We do have leash laws here.<br /><br />Because of the size of my lot and the covinance of the neighborhood I cannot build a boat shed large enough to accommidate the boat. So it is parked in my double wide driveway. Now further away from the house.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Call the police. It's there job to handle domestic disputes and this is what that is.

Homerr

Commander

Cats are considered a predatory animal, and thus nobody owns them (at least in my state)<br />That doesn't mean you can torture it, or kill it by less than humane ways, but you can trap it and dispose of it.<br /><br />Get a Live trap.<br /><br />No cat can resist fresh tuna... Put it in the trap. You'll get him.<br /><br />I've had 100% success with my live trap. You may miss him a time or two, but be diligent.<br />Put the trap IN your boat where he obviously likes to snooze. He can't resist a quick fresh meal.<br /><br />What you do with him after you catch him... is up to you.<br /><br />H.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Lemon juice. Spray everything with a dilute solution of it. Cats hate it-citric acid is bad for them and they instinctively stay away.<br /><br />Put it in a supersoaker type water pistol and spray the cat with it when you see it too-it'll soon learn.<br /><br />That or if you look hard you can find .22 calibre soft rubber pellets for an air rifle. It won't even break the skin, but after a couple of hits it'll learn as it HURTS! Used to use them to keep one particularly vivious tomcat out of my mum's garden as it kept attacking my dog. Even drop-kicking it over the fence didn't work as it tried to land on my poor dog's head-but the pellets did!

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Talking to the cats owner was your first mistake as these people could not care less if their cat is annoying you or damaging your property and now you've made yourself a prime suspect if anything should happen to that cat. The awful truth is that cats just love to sleep in boats spreading their hair everywhere while they find the best place to do so. Only choice now is to tightly cover your boat filling any gaps with perhaps soft foam. Also, I like the cayene pepper idea. Rodents don't like it either.<br /><br />And Link, you should be poofed and it has nothing to do with whether JB can handle the "truth" or not, but his obligation not to allow threatening posts. Perhaps a smily face would have softened your post while still getting your meaning across.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmmm. "Neighbor's cat". First mistake.<br /><br />Cats do not have owners, they have staff and/or servants.<br /><br />If I had that much invested in a boat it would live in a closed garage.<br /><br />Pet stores sell a variety of "pet" repellants. I would try them.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm, lemon juice in a supersoaker. Both functional and fun. Perhaps mix in some Cayenne pepper with it. Yah, that's got to work. :) Wouldn't suggest that you try to trap it yourself and then take it to animal control. With the success of nutty cat people and PETA in getting animals the same rights as humans in many cities and states, you'll probably be jailed on kidnapping charges. I swear next they'll be givin the right to vote ........... On further thought though, might just be an improvement.

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

RP, if the stress over the cats gets to be too much, I have always found a nice long drive in the country to be a good stress reliever. As a note on courtesy, if you decide to take this drive very early on a weekend morning (preferred) be sure to be very very quiet as to not disturb the neighbors. ;)

NathanY

Commander

EDIT: Chill a bit Nate. Threats and counterthreats on the net are meaningless posturing. <br /><br />Neither, however, are allowed here.<br /><br />Please limit suggestions to legal and ethical means.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

A neighbor in the area had a few collectors cars. Pretty much the same complaint. Old lady and her precious cat. Here is what he did to handle the situation.<br /><br />He took pictures of the cat and made reward posters for the cat. Posted them on poles around his neighborhood, not hers. Eventually a few cats that looked like the ones on the poster was brought to his house. He gave the kids $20 reward and then disposed of them. (To protect my neighbor I will not mention how he dealt with their demise) He doesn't have the problem anymore. It cost him a little bit, but the problem is solved.<br /><br />Don't know if this would work for you, but a thought that might help you out.<br /><br />I will say glycol poisoning is very cruel and is a terrible way of taking care of the problem. To have an animal to return home to the owner sick is heatbreaking for the owner. Its best to make sure the cat will not return home. At best the owner will assume it got picked up, run away, or hit by a car.<br /><br />Link, I have always respected your posts, but I think your attack on Arkansas Nate was uncalled for. I don't like his post either on how to deal with the cat. There are other ways to have let him know it was wrong to suggest such a cruel way to deal with it. Apparently he has not had a pet die from glycol poisioning like some of us here.

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Legal where I live at in the country on private property. Use a conibear #220 place in front of a 5-gallon bucket set the bait inside bucket kitty walks through #220 no noise,no mess, no pain. Then put dead kitty in the street like the kitty was run over by a car. Neighbor can’t blame you. :D <br /><br />I don’t want to upset any cat owners but cats that are allowed run the neighbor hood are a nuisance and responsible pet owners should not allow there pets to run loose. Have you ever seen the inside of a boat after a cat has made it a home all winter? BIG MESS. :mad: :mad:

ndemge

Commander

Simple trip line and.....<br /><br />
Haz018.gif

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

pellot gun to the ***............maybee the cat is doing you a favor , and chasing the mice out of your boat.

Homerr

Commander

I still stand by trapping it. Clean and easy.<br />Then you are 100% sure you got him.<br /><br />Dipose as you wish.<br /><br />I like the tossing it int he road idea. Clever.<br />Nobody will know.<br /><br />H.

FLATHEAD

Captain

I agree that the cat should not be let out to run at large. If the owner is so picky and loves their precious cat so much it would not even be an issue. If the cat comes in harms way,, oh well no one to blame but the owner. <br /><br />Why should this guy have to put out money to remedy a situation that is the result of his neighbors complete ignorance and disregard for her fellow neighbors. She was told about it and choose to ignore the problem. I say you did the best you could telling the lady about the problem, if the cat has to go it is her fault all the way. If I were in that situation that cat would be buzzard food by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.