Neighbor that hasn't returned tools

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Aint no reason to get physical. Just go to his house , tell him you’ve been wanting to finish a project but cant without the tools you loaned him and go from there. If he says he can’t find them , tell him you’ll just go out and buy replacement tools and you’ll bring the receipt by so he can reimburse you. If that doesn’t work then consider it a valuable lesson learned. Terminate the friendship. Wave at him if you see him, say hello if you pass him but have no further contact with him. Do not text him, total waste to do so. This whole thing is just so simple. I mean no offense but you’ve made a big deal out of a simple nothing situation.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I simply tell them that you owe me new tools if they don't or can't bring them back. Sometimes they bring cheap ****, I won't accept them. From there they get black-flagged. Sometimes they make good.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Don't go to his house.

Go to his CHURCH.
Be waiting inside the front door.
Ask for your tools back in front of his fellow congregation members.

" Hey ,bud, its been 217 days since you borrowed my tools. Can I have them back today, after the service?"

ezbtr

Commander
Aint no reason to get physical. Just go to his house , tell him you’ve been wanting to finish a project but cant without the tools you loaned him and go from there. If he says he can’t find them , tell him you’ll just go out and buy replacement tools and you’ll bring the receipt by so he can reimburse you. If that doesn’t work then consider it a valuable lesson learned. Terminate the friendship. Wave at him if you see him, say hello if you pass him but have no further contact with him. Do not text him, total waste to do so. This whole thing is just so simple. I mean no offense but you’ve made a big deal out of a simple nothing situation.
no HE did

Buzzsaw420

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wow, 6 months and a week, I definitely would have bought $30-50 worth of bits by now. The guys obviously a **** time to get on with that project.

ezbtr

Commander
Just got em back tonight, was out in the back and got the text "Are you home?" Im dropping the bits off, sorry I forgot (bullshit coward) because of baseball season" - ummmm that was at least 6 months, I talked to my good friend here, and he had same done to him, he' says just say "Thanks", I decedied on mt reply being "uhuh" , guys I wanted to go the high road, basically ignore him, and now he has a worse reputation than before, - I even had his other kids over last yeaR when they had to take their youngest to hospital - he is a clueless little **** , I'll be barely civil from now on, this town is smallish (24K) word travels fast. he gets NOTHING from now on , so odd, Ive never had someone be that stupid with me, last I remember borrowing was 20 yrs ago, we had just moved and I needed to mow the lawn , borrowed neighbors mower, mowed my yard and his

ezbtr

Commander
I don’t get what the hesitancy is to simply go over to his house and get the tools. What’s the big deal in that? This modern tendency to text about everything rather than call on the phone or see someone in person boggles my mind. Just man up and go over to his house and tell him you need your tools now, not later but now. This is a no brainer. Then when you get the tools never ever under any circumstances loan him anything again.
I honestly dont know his address

Chief Petty Officer
Lesson learned ... Don't lend out anything you're not willing to lose.

Obviously, he's not your friend anymore.

But you can still be friends with his wife.

440roadrunner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I honestly dont know his address
?????????????You have a "friend" that is "close" enough to loan tools to, valuable enough that you are wanting them back, and you don't know his address?

Those tools are gone. Kiss them goodby, and this guy is not a friend. He is "not" "no longer" your friend, he is, was, in fact NEVER your friend.

ezbtr

Commander
?????????????You have a "friend" that is "close" enough to loan tools to, valuable enough that you are wanting them back, and you don't know his address?

Those tools are gone. Kiss them goodby, and this guy is not a friend. He is "not" "no longer" your friend, he is, was, in fact NEVER your friend.
naw I got them back, our streets here are LONG, nope he's never getting a thing from me, he's a friend of a friend, he said because of his kids baseball season and he "forgot", bullshit, I did baseball for 9 years

martymcfly62

Cadet
And we've talked about it 3-4 times, this was from at least 6 months ago, my router bit set, which NOW I need back, texted him 5 days ago and he said he'd get them back to me, so yesterday after noon I texted him back saying TODAY before noon would be nice, no reply - he remembers (he wanted to borrow other tools months back "after I return these of course" ), he's not a good friend, we all go to the pool with other friends who I AM good friends with and so are they. My buddy told me a few days ago, he did the same to him, now I'm getting pissed.....
Any experience with this? Next move?
Thanks guys :)

martymcfly62

Cadet

Sounds like my sorry ass brother