Need suggestions (cub scouts)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Need suggestions (cub scouts)

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions guys.<br /><br />This might sound really harsh, but IMO boy scouts are for boys, and girl scouts are for girls. That way, what it takes to be a man can be taught to the boys, and what it takes to be a lady can be taught to the girls.<br /><br />For those that think this sounds like a redneck, I also believe in allowing girls in boy's sports. Our little league is co-ed, as well as football. More power to them, I think it is great.<br /><br />I only wish I could get help from the other "folks". The girls GF can hardly get around and has some other health problems. Other folks work shift work, or have thier hands full with little ones.<br /><br /><br />Ken

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by wajajaja:<br /> I believe BSA is now open to females, I would suggest you contact the area council.professionals. you could end up buying her a college education.
That might be true. You might not be able to keep her out because of being a girl, but you can keep her out if she is not a member, or not the correct age for this Scout group. Contact the local chapter or council, but stand your ground as much as possible.

rwise

Captain

maybe put her in charge of the "snack bar" setting it up, restocking, cleanup everything to do with it. When I did the cub scouts it was hard to get anyone to the meetings. not that the boys did not want to come, we were out in the sticks for some it was a 20 minute drive each way. <br />good luck!