Need prop advice with 21' and 5.0L EFI

bowtie4x4295

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
45
I have a Marada 21' Bowrider, the engine is a 5.0L EFI Mercruiser with the Alpha 1 stern drive. Just purchased the boat, it currently has a High Five 19P prop. On the first family outing with it I decided to open her up, just to she what she was made of. Well I could bounce the RPM's off the rev limiter easily speedometer showed 45MPH, which felt close. I was thinking of going with a Turning Point Hustler in the 21P range. Boat would mainly be used for cruising with a little tubing for the 11 year old daughter, no skiing. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I already have Bennett Hydraulic trim tabs on the boat.

Mike
 

fishingman220

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
568
Re: Need prop advice with 21' and 5.0L EFI

i would say to go to a 3 blade 21 pitch, then give me that high five:D
 

bowtie4x4295

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
45
Re: Need prop advice with 21' and 5.0L EFI

So far I have been completely unimpressed with it. It has some fine chips on the edges but in good overall condition.
 

bowtie4x4295

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
45
Re: Need prop advice with 21' and 5.0L EFI

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Mike
 
Top