need numbers to order manual; omc

Coors

Captain
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
3,367
I bought a 1988 4winns 205 Sundowner; omc 5.7. The original engine had been replaced with auto, had a marine jasper installed, along with upper unit-therefore I have no #'s to order an original manual. From what I see, the # 574APRGDP, or GDE should work? (4bbl,p/s,righthand). Thanks, this place is a knowledge base.
 

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
8,972
Re: need numbers to order manual; omc

Not sure exactly what manual you need but don't waste your money on a Seloc or Clymers manual.
Get a real OMC manual for it.
I got 2 on Ebay for under 75 bucks..
 

Coors

Captain
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
3,367
Re: need numbers to order manual; omc

thanks, but need the 3's in order to get an oem manual from marineengine.com
 

Coors

Captain
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
3,367
Re: need numbers to order manual; omc

up to page 112 in archived threads; learned alot, but as all say, need the factory manuals, but for $175, want to get the correct ones;)
 

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
8,972
Re: need numbers to order manual; omc

Hey Coors,I just emailed the guy i bought mine from. If he has that number book i'll let you know.
He will be much cheaper than 175..
 

Coors

Captain
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
3,367
Re: need numbers to order manual; omc

thanks, guys (late post due to iboat log-in problem)
 

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
8,972
Re: need numbers to order manual; omc

I know the real books are expensive but well worth it.
Glad i could help you find one..

Also,Welcome to Iboats!!
 
Top