Need info on buying correct wiring harnesses

Bikerndiver

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a 1997 (?) Yamaha 80 3 cylinder, 2-stroke, that dos not have oil injection. Along with this motor came a 16' long 10 pin main harness, a 704 control box and an analog Yamaha brand tach and trim gauge.
I know that the single 10 pin harness goes to the mating connector at the engine. I can see that the opposite end of the main harness has two connectors...one goes to ignition switch and the other to the 704 control box???? My 704 control box doesn't have a matching connector...just wires with pin plugs. One pair is for the trim/tilt and the other pair is for ????? Do I need some wiring harness connector to attach the 704 control box to the connector on the main cable?
THEN, is there a sub-harness of some type to connect my analog Yamaha tach and trim gauges to a connector somewhere on the motor?????
If anyone has part numbers for any sub-harness or needed connectors/adapters I would appreciate the help. I have the wiring diagram with all the colors and what they are for, I just think i need adapter/connectors and sub-harnesses....

Bikerndiver

Seaman Apprentice
I know what the pin colors are and what they go to. But i dont want to cut wires and put pins on if there is a sub-harness that simply snaps into place. My 704 control box has the wires shown above. Is there aYamaha harness that the pins on the ends of the wires go into that then allow those wires to connect to.....

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Who brought up pin colors and what they go to?

Are you not seeing the five wires with bullet connectors on them that connect to the bullet connectors on the 704 control box? That make up a harness that will plug and play with the 704 ten pin harness?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I am thinking he is looking for the part that connects to the 10 pin (or six pin according to pic) harness that has the bullet connections on the wires that plug into the ones on the 704

Bikerndiver

Seaman Apprentice
Do i also need to buy a trim harness that runs from the motor to the console? If so, any idea what the part number might be?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
I am of no help on that, Just hoping Boscoe can come up with a part number

Bikerndiver

Seaman Apprentice
Who brought up pin colors and what they go to?

Are you not seeing the five wires with bullet connectors on them that connect to the bullet connectors on the 704 control box? That make up a harness that will plug and play with the 704 ten pin harness?
I looked at the diagram you posted above and thought you were providing me with the wiring colors. I have been pulling my hair out tfying to get the main electrical working and it seems like I am just missing one link to get it done. Now i've been told I also will need a wiring harness that goes from the engine to my console for the trim. This part is killing me! So, i do not have the harness you show above that my bullet connectors go into and then terminates in a round connector.
Any assistance in telling me what thst part is would be appreciated. Thanks

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
The wires for the trim are in the ten pin harness. The harness that connects to the 704 remote control box at one end and to the motor at the other end.

Bikerndiver

Seaman Apprentice
YES!!!! That's it! Thank you very much! I just ordered it. That should solve all the problems of the world....or at least my current problem.
Now I just have to hook up the control cables and fuel lines....