Need info on 1972 Kona Tahiti I/O w/original Volvo-Penta Engine

MRTurner

Recruit
I was given the family 1972 Kona Tahiti (body by Fiberglass) boat with the original 1972 Volvo-Penta AQ130C engine (I think!). It's been sitting for the past 6-7 years and now that we own it, we're trying to get it running and find out more about it. I'm having a very difficult time finding information about the boat and because of the logo, I'm not sure if it's a Tahiti or a Kona hull. I know the interior was redone about 30 years ago and the 2 rear fiberglass seats were removed to make it a 4 seater, instead of a 6 and the engine cover was upholstered. Other than that, it's all original.

If anyone has information on it, or knows where I can find some, that would be great! I've found a lot on the engine, but if you know where I can find carburetor parts, that would be helpful too. I don't know much about boats or engine repair, so this ought to be a fun project.boat.jpg

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need info on 1972 Kona Tahiti I/O w/original Volvo-Penta Engine

Post a pic of the logo. If you can catch him on the boards Old Rigger is the guy you want to talk to. He posts over on Performanceboats and occasionally on VJB. Check post #34. Might try sending him a PM over there.

68 Tahiti project - Page 4

Last edited:

MRTurner

Recruit
Re: Need info on 1972 Kona Tahiti I/O w/original Volvo-Penta Engine

Thanks! I'll be sure to take a picture on my next visit with the boat. Hopefully it will be in the next few days.

Post a pic of the logo. If you can catch him on the boards Old Rigger is the guy you want to talk to. He posts over on Performanceboats and occasionally on VJB. Check post #34. Might try sending him a PM over there.

68 Tahiti project - Page 4