need info 1988 bayliner

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a boat from my dad. thanks to everyone here i got her going.OK hears my deal my Cajun has a transom saver that hooks to the trailer and then to the lower unit for travel. the trailer the bayliner is setting on don't have the support going across the back of the trailer for the transom saver to set on.I do have the thing that trim your motor up put a pin and use a cotter key in the other end and trim your motor down on to it. so i guess what i"m asking is do they make something or do i need to have something welded across the trailer so i can use the transom saver.thanks for all the help guys I hope this the right thread to ask this question in!!!! :D

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: need info 1988 bayliner

How far do you trailer it and on what type of road? I really don't see a need for a transom saver, unless your transom is weak to begin with.

NYBo

Admiral

Your video shows that you have the proper trailering bracket installed. That should be fine. However, if you insist on a transom saver, this one should work.

You also need some lights on that trailer!:p

texasabil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK thanks guys we go to like 6 lakes threw the summer i have a place on a lake its 80 miles there and 80 back i just didn't know if i need more support for the motor had a guy come out and check the hull out everything checks out good i weigh 300 pounds the transom don't none when i stand on the motor lol thanks for the help!!!got the boat from my dad he has kept it his shop most of the time !!!:D