Need help with 2000 Evinrude trolling motor

Kwalter98

Recruit
I have a 2000 24v Evinrude trolling motor that I need some assistance with. This trolling motor appears to be the same as the legacy minn Kota 24v power drive. The pedal only seems to turn it one direction. After disssembling the pedal, I found that one of the buttons are sticking to preventing turning the other direction. In addition, the speed slider only works in certain spots. I was hoping to find a replacement pedal but they are no longer available. If anyone has a wiring diagram or suggestions that they can provide, i would greatly appreciate it.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
If you actually have the foot pedal apart you will see the control switches and slider are actually membrane type devices. You can trace the circuit paths on the circuit board but generally these units are not repairable short of replacing the board. Google the board part number or the pedal part number but be prepared to pay as much for ithe board as an entire pedal. It's been several years since I needed one but at that time a new pedal was $75 and the board not much less than that.

Kwalter98

Recruit
Problem is I am having problem finding the pedal, let alone the board. I've found a few on eBay used that run $100+. I guess I was hopping not to spend so much :)