FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1977 merc 1150 and need to buy a complete distributor with a functioning trigger... Can anyone help me locate one? Thanks in advance for your time.
On the same note...im not an outboard mechanic but I'm a good part changer.. I have a related question... I took a distributor off the exact type motor and put it on this one and still no spark... I can get it out of the coil by jumping the white and brown on trigger side of switchbox and grounding black... my question is if my timing is not correct will this cause no spark?
I am at a loss here, I would love to get this motor running and don't know how to proceed.. I keep hearing about a kill wire that could prevent spark, where does this land on the motor? to rule that out I would disconnect it. I have disconnected mercury switch already... Someone....
Ok...now I found some bad news on my motor.. number one cylinder has about 62 pounds compression... all others are close to 120 give or take a couple... ugh.. is it trash?